Memory in Canada

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Memory in Canada

Hi, I am looking to get me some RAM. I would like 256MB sticks of pc133 cas222 and nothing else. I already have a bunch of cas3 :-(

I can get some RAM for cheap that features these chips: Micron 48LC8M8-75C. I can get a stick for $240 CND. I think it was $10 less just a few days ago, so maybe prices are going up a bit.

They are pc133 but are they cas222? I don't know...

Does it make any difference what the brand is as long as they are running at 133MHz cas222? I mean is Mushkin rev2 faster than Crucial 7e at that speed?

Thanks

[This message has been edited by Salmonius (edited 15 November 2000).]
    Salmonius

http://www.amkcomputers.bc.ca/

Check out this site. 128MB 7.5 ns ram for $105 CDN.

Comment

I found quite a good comparison of Mushkin vs Crucial vs the rest here:
      http://www.overclockin.com/reviews/R...up3/index.html

Comment

Hi, my favorite stores in Canada are www.onvia.com/canada and www.atic.ca.

It's interesting because Atic.ca has 256MB pc133 RAM at $240CND. I asked them about some specs and they said that the chips are the same as the ones on the Corsair and Micron sticks in the review at overclockers.

By the way, as pointed out in the review, the third DIMM slot can be quite unstable. That's how it used to be with my CUSL2 with 256+128+128.
        Salmonius

Comment

Umm... I wouldn't go to Atic if you paid me to. Go here, http://www.atomicgeek.com/stores/reviews/atic.html , for some reviews on www.atic.ca . They are not worth it. They gave my friend Shimeer a Gigabyte motherboard with a cracked AGP slot and claimed he did it in the space of 20 mins! Go to Frontier/Netlink Computers if you want some good service.
          Epox 8RDA+
          AMD XP 2500+ w/ Alpha PAL 8045
          512mb Samsung PC2700 DDR
          ATI 8500 64mb
          Hercules Fortissimo II
          Tekram DC-315U
          Pioneer DVD 303S
          Pioneer DVR-106
          Zip100 Internal
          Logitech MX 500 Mouse
          Microsoft Natural Keyboard Pro
          Seagate Barracuda ATA IV 80 gig HD
          Seagate Barracuda ATA IV 40 gig HD
          LG Flatron 795FT+
          Sennheiser HD 570 Headphones
          Altec Lansing 641 Speakers

Comment

If you're anywhere in the vicinity of Vancouver I'd suggest Anitec Computers, www.aniteccom.com.

Great prices and pretty darn good service as well.
            Some prices from their web page:

$109 PC133 128M SDRAM (Micron MT )
            $209 PC133 256M SDRAM (Micron- Spectek)
            $189 PC133 128Mb CAS 2 SDRAM (Micron MT)
            $89 PC133 128M SDRAM 7.5ns (Spectek- One of the Micron Division)

Comment

I had noticed that the service of at Atic sucks ass. I live on the East Coast and I always buy from them because they have the cheapest prices in country so far. Especially compared to here! Also, they don't charge HST :-) hehehe

It is true that the buying process at Atic is very annoying. I have also have the great unplaisantness of calling them twice. But at least so far the products I have received were very good. I always buy Retail though. Especially CPUs.

I wonder if that other place "anitec" ships. They sure have excellent prices, some even beating ATIC!
              Salmonius

Comment

Working...
              X