Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

F*$&# Microsoft and Idiot-Proofing! HELP!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• F*$&# Microsoft and Idiot-Proofing! HELP!

Ok, the newest "security" update for Outlook has disabled all attachments which are deemed "unsafe". This is a HUGE list of file types... notably .exe and .bat and .vbs, but also lots of other types.

Not only does it warn you, it just removes them from your mail! You can't run them, you can't save them to your hard drive!

AND THERE'S NO UNINSTALLER!

HELP ME! ARRRRGH! I'd really prefer not to uninstall office entirely and then reinstall it, but it's looking like that might be my only choice!

- Gurm

------------------
    Listen up, you primitive screwheads! See this? This is my BOOMSTICK! Etc. etc.
    The Internet - where men are men, women are men, and teenage girls are FBI agents!

I'm the least you could do
    If only life were as easy as you
    I'm the least you could do, oh yeah
    I would still get screwed

Gurm,

Didn't I warn you about Outlook

MS Internet Mail ROCKS

Comment

I use pegasus for email.

Comment

Eudora for my e-mail.
        Never want to see OE again...
        Core2 Duo E7500 2.93, Asus P5Q Pro Turbo, 4gig 1066 DDR2, 1gig Asus ENGTS250, SB X-Fi Gamer ,WD Caviar Black 1tb, Plextor PX-880SA, Dual Samsung 2494s

Comment

I use pine, so there
          Gigabyte P35-DS3L with a Q6600, 2GB Kingston HyperX (after *3* bad pairs of Crucial Ballistix 1066), Galaxy 8800GT 512MB, SB X-Fi, some drives, and a Dell 2005fpw. Running WinXP.

Comment

there seems to be a trend on this thread of giving no valuable information whatsoever :-)

Not one to buck a trend, i will continue :-)

I assume that you have gone to the options dialog from the tools menu, selected security, selected attachment security and then turned it off?

1st system

Athlon AXIA Y 1Ghz @ 1.40Ghz, coolermaster hsf, Elite K7s6a, 512 MB Crucial DDR RAM, 20GB IBM 7200RPM Hard drive, Radeon 8500le 64mb, SB Audigy, 3 com 10/100NIC, 300w PSU, midi tower, FPS 1600 Surround, Belinea 17" monitor, Intellimouse explorer USB

System 2

Athlon TB 1.4 @ 1.5, Zalman Flower in silent mode, Elite K7S6A, 768MB DDRAM, Ati Radeon 8500le 64mb ddr, SB Audigy, 3Com 10/100NIC, 80GB IBM 7200rpm, Liteon 16 speed DVD, Lite-on 24102b CDRW, Songcheer Superwide, USB scanner, Intellimouse explorer, Microsoft keyboard, 19in iiyama Monitor, FPS1600

system 3
            Abit ST6 RAID, Celly 1.2 @1.4 ,512MB SDRAM, Zalman Flower HSF noisey mode, ATi Radeon 8500le, SBLIVE, 3com 10/100 NIC, 80GB Seagate barracude HDD, 40GB IBM120GXP, 60GB IBM60GXP,Extra highpoint controller card, 16x Pioneer DVD, Pioneer DVR-104 DVD-RW, ATX Full tower case. 300w psu, 17in LG monitor, 20in Samsumg telly, epson stylus colour 880, 200W RMS Surround sound amp with Mission M71 Speakers.

System 4
            Elite K7S5A, Duron 1.0, 128mb sdram, Coolermaster hsf, 80GB 120GXP IBM, Liteon 16x DVD, Radeon 7200 64MB DDR, SBLIVE.

Linksys 4 port router/firewall

512k Cable modem. nice

Comment

Birdy,

Yup. And I didn't expect any help. It was a rhetorical posting, made after I had already hit "go" on the Office Uninstaller.

All is good now, that "patch" will never again grace my machine.

- Gurm

------------------
              Listen up, you primitive screwheads! See this? This is my BOOMSTICK! Etc. etc.
              The Internet - where men are men, women are men, and teenage girls are FBI agents!

I'm the least you could do
              I'm the least you could do, oh yeah
              I would still get screwed

Comment

there is a way to bypass that but i do not have the link for that at home (gee and how many times have you heard the oposite of that ). but it is one of the ms exchange server webserver that i goto often and have bookmarked.

Comment

Working...
                X