Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Graphics cards had better get a LOT faster soon!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Graphics cards had better get a LOT faster soon!

http://www.ibm.com/news/2000/11/10.phtml
    My next monitor?
    I hope so!
    chuck
    Chuck
    秋音的爸爸

yes me too.

Comment

I read something about that, it's about packing more information into a smaller area, for photographic resolution on standard monitor sizes. Sounds nifty, but don't expect it to show up for PCs or anything else for quite some time, it's years away. I hope you like your current monitors because it will be a long wait.

Comment

I smiled when I read that a few days ago. I would love to see some major advances in display technology. My main concern is for home theatre. HDTV capable display systems (be it FPTV, RPTV, or direct view) are still very expensive. Its encouraging the PC monitors have come way down in price in recent years. I'm anxious to see the large format, high resolution solutions obtain reasonable pricing.
        <TABLE BGCOLOR=Red><TR><TD><Font-weight="+1"><font COLOR=Black>The world just changed, Sep. 11, 2001</font></Font-weight></TR></TD></TABLE>

Comment

I used to think that the bigger the monitor the better. I had two 21 inch monitors hooked to 2 millennium II at home. It was fun but the monitors were crappy.

At work we have monitors that are 20 inch x 20 inch. So that's a diagonal of 28 inches. They do 2048x2048 and I don't like them so much. I played doom 2 on one a while back. It's on a SUN and you can set the resolution at the command line. It still wasn't full-screen but almost.

I think that for me the best screen size is 19 inch. I have tried many different setups and I am more confortable with 19'' monitors. It is possible that this is due to the fact that with 19 inch my eyes don't move very much like they do on a 28'', or even a 21''. I just can't wait for 18'' flat panels to come down to sub $1000 levels. It will be sweet loving.

Salmonius

Comment

At the resolutions they are talking about
            a 15 or 17 would work just fine for almost
            anything you wanted to do.
            chuck

PS I wonder how long NSA has had them for
            spy satellite imaging?
            Chuck
            秋音的爸爸

Comment

Working...