Outlook express

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Outlook express

I know this is probably an easy question but I am upgrading from w98se to w2k and would like to save all my email files, from Outlook Express, onto a separate disk. What file do I copy to do this. I've been looking into this and, for the life of me, I can't seem to find it.

Thanks
    Richard

Tools -> Options -> Maitenance tab -> Store Folder... button.

Notice the path. Copy this folder to the other disk.

When you've set up OE in 2K, just repeat the first paragraph and direct it to the saved folder on the other disk.

Easy?
    P5B Deluxe, C2D E6600, Scythe Ninja, G.Skill 2GBHX
    Raptor 150x3, Plextor PX-760SA, X-Fi Elite, 7900GT, 21" CM813ET Plus, CM Stacker

Comment

Basically, it depends on which version of outlook express, which version of internet explorer, and which version of windows you have.

Also, the moon phase has a lot to do with it. And whether Jupiter is in the house of Saturn or not.

- Gurm

------------------
      Listen up, you primitive screwheads! See this? This is my BOOMSTICK! Etc. etc.
      The Internet - where men are men, women are men, and teenage girls are FBI agents!

I'm the least you could do
      If only life were as easy as you
      I'm the least you could do, oh yeah
      If only life were as easy as you
      I would still get screwed

Comment

Thanks Sisyfos, worked like a charm. :-)

I guess the moon was in sync with the ?? tonight Gurm ;-)

And yes, I will will be looking at buying a copy of Eudora. Unless anyone has a suggestion of a better email proggie.

BTW W2k rocks (so far)
        Richard

[This message has been edited by frodo (edited 15 November 2000).]

Comment

I've tried Netscrape Mail, Outlook Express, Eudora, Elm, and Pine. While I must admit that Pine is rather nice, it kinda sucks when someone sends you a formatted email.

I've gotta say that I find Eudora the best of them all. That's just my preference, though. I find it easy to set up, easy to use, and very reliable and pretty low on bugs. Doesn't crash, leak memory, or anything else on my box. I would consider it a worthy investment.

b
          Why do today what you can put off until tomorrow? But why put off until tomorrow what you can put off altogether?

Comment

Working...
          X