sblive value problems

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• sblive value problems

i have recently purchased a sb live s/card, windows recognises it as a multimedia device, yet every time i try to install the drivers windows locks up solid (it gets to 95 %) it , all i can do is restart the computer, after restart it has a yellow exclamation mark telling me that windows has initiated ASD the reference for this problem (PCI\VEN_1102&DEV_0002&SUBSYS_80261102&REV_07\BUS_ 00&DEV_09&FUNC_00). i have tried fresh installs with win98, win98se and win2k all with the same result, same with the newest drivers downloaded from creatives site.

System
    abit bh6 v1.0 latest bios, ss i think! (only thing i havnt tried is going back a bios or two)
    intel slot 1 celeron 300@450 tried this at defalt, no joy
    atapi 52x cdrom with and withiout
    6.3g q\fireball h/d
    floppy
    matrox mill g400 32mb agp d/head
    standard keyboard ps2, tried other
    rockwell 56kv90 isa modem with and without
    ps2 mouse with and without
    196 mb of mixed memory 3x64mb 2=133mhz 1=100mhz i also have 2 more sticks of 32mb 100mhz memory, it has been tried in every combination you can think of

basically i have tried all combinations with the above and am having no joy at all it allways locks up at 95% reading from the cd or with d/loaded drivers.

talk about frustatin ive had the cambridge sound works just itchin to give me some serious sound now i have the card to do it they r redundant

irq list
    00 system timer
    01 keyboard
    02 progr. int controller
    03 com 2
    04 com 1
    05 modem
    06 floppy controller
    07 printer port
    08 sys clock
    10 g400
    10 pci steer
    11 usb controller
    12 ps2 mouse
    13 numeric data proc
    14 intel 82371ab/eb pci bus master ide controller
    14 prim ide controller
    15 intel 82371ab/eb pci bus master ide controller
    15 secondary ide controller

cant think of anything else to tell you but if anyone can shed some light on my problem i will appreciate it greatly!

cheers

Lee
    <a href="http://www.kidzdobounce.co.uk/index.htm" target="_blank">Bouncy Castle Hire Coventry Warwickshire UK</a>

I didn't read that you had tried the SBLive in any particular PCI slots. Have you tried various slots for this card? Slot 1 might provide you with a problem. It sounds like your system is trying to install the SBLive in the same IRQ as the G400. From what I understand about your system, it looks to me like there's at least two slots you can use that would not share IRQs with the AGP slot. One of these would be the best bets for stability with the SBLive. If you haven't tried this already, move it to one of these slots and attempt a reinstall of the drivers.

Have you tried the latest drivers and BIOS for your G400? Having older drivers would be a possible source of problems.

Is your mb BIOS settings at default? Try the default settings initially. Once the drivers are loaded, then change them to more agressive settings.

Comment

cheers brian yes i have tried variouis slots on the board, avoiding shared, all drivers are the latest, latest bios, mobo has been tried at default.

i have tried the irq for the g400 set to 10 and the sound card set 9 in the bios, ive let windows controll irq allocation, there really isnt much i can think of that i havnt tried, he4nce the posting on the forum. im just starting to think that it is just a faulty card, im waiting to here from creative tech support, hopefully they may be able to shed some light on it.

cheers
      Lee

[This message has been edited by Lmg (edited 14 November 2000).]
      <a href="http://www.kidzdobounce.co.uk/index.htm" target="_blank">Bouncy Castle Hire Coventry Warwickshire UK</a>

Comment

Another possibility is the chipset drivers. I have had so many problems with ABIT MBs that I always include a MB problem as one of the possibilities. Hope you're right. The SBLive is the cheapest possibility.

Comment

Working...
        X