Computer Speakers!!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Computer Speakers!!!!

Well I'm kicking around the idea of retiring my current sound output system which is made up of a Sony Receiver that doesn't quite work right and a pair of Bose 301 speakers attached to My SB live Card. I want to use the Bose speakers with my DVD Player I'm hopefully getting this Christmas with a new receiver. So whats my best bet for a hundred bucks or so for a set of nice sounding PC Speakers???

Scott

------------------
    Abit BH6 with a Celeron 2-566@877mhz,256mb RAM,G400 MAX,SB Live!, Optiquest V95 19in montor, Asus 40x CD-ROM, Aopen 5x DVD-ROM,HP9110i 8x4x32 CD-RW,SupraMax 56k modem,WinME on Western Digital 30GB drive
    Why is it called tourist season, if we can't shoot at them?

Klipsch Promedia 2.1 or 4.1's. The new 2.1's are about 150 and the 4.1's are 250.

These speakers are the best of the best. My brother (who's anal retentive about sound clarity/reproduction) said that these sound better than most home theatre systems he sells at his electronics store...

Comment

I have the Klipsh 4.1's and they are second to none, REALLY! I'm not just saying this because I own them, I'm telling you that there is no other better sounding computer speaker on the market. I've tried a lot of other speakers and the new Creative(can't remember there name) speakers that are THX certified sound fairly goos as well.

Dave
      Ladies and gentlemen, take my advice, pull down your pants and slide on the ice.

Comment

Didn't he say for a hundred bucks?

I'd just get another set of AV speakers. Something with a 6.5"(16.5cm) mid/woofer and a <3/4"(<2cm) tweeters. Nothing in particular (haven't listened to many lately) to buy, let your ears decide.

If I don't build my own again, I've been eyeing these Monsoon MM-1000's.

Problem is I dont want the sub (&amp/crossover), only the magnaplanars. 5 to be exact. (unless they are at a very good price, then maybe more

I have a custom built 12" (30cm) tube sub and dedicated 400w, w/ active crossover, car amp
        that does wonders for the low end (this combo will do to 25hz flat at moderate SPL's
        "Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind." -- Dr. Seuss

"Always do good. It will gratify some and astonish the rest." ~Mark Twain

Comment

"hundred bucks or so"

I took the liberty of emphasizing the or so part

Comment

I just called Klipsch, and they said the Promedia 2.1's won't be available until December 1st. The list price is currently just under $200 US.

They really do look like what the doctor ordered. And they have a headphone jack!

Paul
            paulcs@flashcom.net

Comment

I have just gotten the Altec Lansing ATP3 Subwoofer/satellite speaker system, and I am quite happy with it. I is not quite as nice as the aforementioned Klipsch system, but it is around a hundred bucks. $119 Canadian. Very nice sound. And good looking setup too.

------------------
              AsusP3B-F ,iCeleron525(7x75),on Slotket 128megs PC133, G40032megSH, Diamond MX300, 13.5gigs of HD's, 52X CDrom WinME PD 5.52,Altec Lansing ATP3 Subwoofer system,Envision 17incher,1 grey cat, 1 black cat and 1 calico
              AMD XP2100+, 512megs DDR333, ATI Radeon 8500, some other stuff.

Comment

Just around the corner(q1 2001) klipsch should be releasing the 4.1's with the new features that are offered on the 2.1's. (Hope they let me upgrade for free )

Comment

Working...
                X