Athlon Experts - Please Advise

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Athlon Experts - Please Advise

Ok, I'm trying to figure out why I can't seem to run at more than 1.85 vccore. If I do 1.9 in the bios it saves it, but I can't post. I need to reset the bios to get anything again....

My 700 classic is stuck right now at 940 with 1.85 vccore (8.5 x 110). Cooling is NOT a problem.

I don't think I'm putting too much strain on my ps.

I have a K7 PRO using 1.5 bios.

It was suggested to me that if I resoldered the vccore on my processor to 1.85 then I would be able to change it and get it to work in the bios after that. Can anyone confirm/disafirm (what's the word!?!) this?

Thanks for any ideas.

Dimitri
    "The most beautiful thing we can experience is the mysterious. It is the source of all true art and all science. He to whom this emotion is a stranger, who can no longer pause to wonder and stand rapt in awe, is as good as dead: His eyes are closed"
    --- Albert Einstein

"Drag racing is for people that don't know how to brake and downshift at the same time."

If you have to change it by soldering, then why not just set it for 1.9Vcccore and forget it?

Do not go over 1.9v
    "Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind." -- Dr. Seuss

"Always do good. It will gratify some and astonish the rest." ~Mark Twain

Comment

For one thing I wasn't sure if soldering it would solve the problem to begin with. I'd rather not have to solder it and then find out it doesn't work and have to resolder it.... Waste of effort ya know....

BTW, Mike, I was under the impression that if you can keep it cool, it was OK to go over 1.9 vccore. I'm running @940 in the 80-90 degree range full load with water cooling so I could make it colder any number of ways if temp is the only issue....

Thanks for your help!

Dimitri
      "The most beautiful thing we can experience is the mysterious. It is the source of all true art and all science. He to whom this emotion is a stranger, who can no longer pause to wonder and stand rapt in awe, is as good as dead: His eyes are closed"
      --- Albert Einstein

"Drag racing is for people that don't know how to brake and downshift at the same time."

Comment

When actively cooling IC's, the bell curve will lower the core voltage vs frequency proformance charastic. So 1.85Vcccore may actually be high. Leave it as it sits until you've tested with the pelt(s) installed.
        "Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind." -- Dr. Seuss

"Always do good. It will gratify some and astonish the rest." ~Mark Twain

Comment

Working...
        X