No announcement yet.

Anyone Have Good Results with Hedgehog?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anyone Have Good Results with Hedgehog?

Installed a copper Hedgehog on my PIII 733/CUSL2 combination (no peltier). The Hedgehog will not sit flat on the core with the provided spring holding it. The spring seems a little weak.
    I understand leveling out the surface with spacers will help, but this shouldn't be necessary. Probably difficult to do well.

Is there a standard modification everyone does to this HS to get it to fit snugly against the core?

Talked with the supplier and they said no one, other than myself, has complained about this to them. They refuse to RMA this HS since it is no longer saleable.

Anyone have any successful experience with this HS on a non-peltier system?

[This message has been edited by Brian R. (edited 07 November 2000).]

I did for awhile before adding a Peltier to the mix. It wasn't easy to get it level. The hedgehog clip doesn't allow much adjustment but you should be able to position or slide the clips center part around to make it fit level.

With the extra thickness of a pelt and coldplate I found that the Hedgehog clip was too small and then discovered that an Alpha PEP66 clip fits the Hedgehog nicely. I ended up getting a shim for mine.

2CoolTek has the shims http://www.2cooltek.com/index.html

I advise getting one. I think DuRanGo got his there as well.

Paul
    "Never interfere with the enemy when he is in the process of destroying himself"

Comment

I forgot to mention that if the bottom of the Hog gets scratched just lap it a bit with 400 and then 1500 grit sand paper.

Paul
      "Never interfere with the enemy when he is in the process of destroying himself"

Comment

as just seen on hardocp today copper shims at http://www.overclockershideout.com/

i just ordered one and some artic silver from them to use on my 933 flip chip

Comment

Working...
        X