Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• if anyone is interested, IE 5.5 service pack 1 is out

http://www.microsoft.com/windows/ie/...ad/ie55sp1.htm

Anyone want to report if this fixed the egregious bugs in IE5.5?

In other words, should we bother, or avoid this like the plague its predecessor was?

- Gurm

------------------
    Listen up, you primitive screwheads! See this? This is my BOOMSTICK! Etc. etc.
    The Internet - where men are men, women are men, and teenage girls are FBI agents!

I'm the least you could do
    If only life were as easy as you
    I'm the least you could do, oh yeah
    If only life were as easy as you
    I would still get screwed

Comment

well i'm going to try it.

how do i get win2k to save my passwords?, its stopped doing it.

Comment

Found one bug already and I didn't even have to launch the damn thing!
        "Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind." -- Dr. Seuss

"Always do good. It will gratify some and astonish the rest." ~Mark Twain

Comment

well what is it ?.

Comment

First thing it does is set IE as the default browser without asking or checking your preferences. Then it changes any NS related icon to the IE one. Third, when launching NS again it prompts you with 'Netscape is not set as the default browser (which it was prior), would you like it to be set as default? Yes/No'. This works but then all the IE converted icons should return to normal, only 1/3 did. Had to manually change the others back.
            "Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind." -- Dr. Seuss

Comment

aahhhh, haven't used N for ages, so wouldn't have those problems, only have the not saving passwords.

Comment

Well every microshaft sp is an attempt to refresh the old bugs with newer fresher bugs.
                Chief Lemon Buyer no more Linux sucks but not as much
                Weather nut and sad git.

My Weather Page

Comment

I want to download the Japanese version, but ofcourse it's not there

Okay, I'll start my download now... For the startup program ofcourse

'Scuse me to ask, but how big is the Service Pack for a browser that is already multiple megabytes?

Jord.

Edit: Mike, there's an option in the first downloaded program: Full download or Custom download. If you tried Custom, there's an extra option, Advanced. In here you can set the files not to associate with existing links, web pages, internet addresses etc.

Okay, I'll test that option... 6.2Mb for a Service Pack is big though
                  /end Edit

[This message has been edited by Jorden (edited 03 November 2000).]
                  Jordâ„¢

Comment

If my memory serves me for win2k about 5mb since you've got no options. For Windoze 9x you got choices so you can make it as big as possible. I nearly downloaded the german version. Must have been thinking of my neice.
                    Chief Lemon Buyer no more Linux sucks but not as much
                    Weather nut and sad git.

My Weather Page

Comment

well its giving me a pain in the backside, it keeps setting itself back to never dial a connection, it keeps forgetting which pages i've visited ( the page its on is the only page it remembers ) & i still can't get it to save my logon details at the murc & numerous other places.

bag of sh*te

Comment

hope that no-one wants to shoot the messenger!

Comment

Does anyone know if it's possible to download:
                          a) The full IE5.5 with SP1 or
                          b) the full Service Pack

Additionally, (maybe Jord can help here ), is it possible to apply Win2k SP1 to the installer CD? I've downloaded the full SP1 (network) installer and can extract it to the files. I can then, hence, copy the CD to my hd and overwrite with SP1. How do I get this back onto a bootable CD?

Thanks,

Paul.

------------------
                          Pace3000 Network: (early stages)
                          Computer Solutions | Arena | Seti | P3K | TechSupport | Portal | Pace Central
                          Matrox Users / SETI@MURC
                          Join the team! | Crunch faster! | View the stats!
                          Meet Jasmine.
                          flickr.com/photos/pace3000

Comment

How to make a Win2K SP1 bootable CD.
                            http://www.cusl2.com/UltraBoard/Ultr...P=3&SID=160175

Just scroll down a bit and you'll see a nice presentation.
                            This one is actually a graphically enhanced version of DosFreak's howto on ntcompatible's BB.
                            P5B Deluxe, C2D E6600, Scythe Ninja, G.Skill 2GBHX
                            Raptor 150x3, Plextor PX-760SA, X-Fi Elite, 7900GT, 21" CM813ET Plus, CM Stacker

Comment

Pace, I have IE 5.5 sp1 full update. It's 30megs(multiple files), do you still want it?

Comment

Working...
                              X