Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

RAM-drive on NT 4.0 ---- Is it possible??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• RAM-drive on NT 4.0 ---- Is it possible??

I (may) need to create a RAM disk on a machine running NT 4.0. I have some software that needs fast disk access as I can get.

So the question is..... can it be done and how?
    If a kid asks where rain comes from, I think a cute thing to tell him is "God is crying." And if he asks why God is crying, another cute thing to tell him is "Probably because of something you did."

Read my seti opt. guide there you will find a link to some programs!

Follow the link in my sig.

------------------
    Join the MURC SETI team! | SETI @ MURC

"Cutting the space budget really restores my faith in humanity. It eliminates dreams, goals, and ideals and lets us get straight to the business of hate, debauchery, and self-annihilation."
    According to the latest official figures, 43% of all statistics are totally worthless...

Comment

Alternatively, use the link in mine
      www.setiatmurc.f2s.com is more up to date Guru. I'll try and change the redirect link soon...

Paul.

------------------
      Pace3000 Network: (early stages)
      Computer Solutions | Arena | Seti | P3K | TechSupport | Portal | Pace Central
      Matrox Users / SETI@MURC
      Join the team! | Crunch faster! | View the stats!
      Meet Jasmine.
      flickr.com/photos/pace3000

Comment

Test!

------------------
        Join the MURC SETI team! | SETI @ MURC

"Cutting the space budget really restores my faith in humanity. It eliminates dreams, goals, and ideals and lets us get straight to the business of hate, debauchery, and self-annihilation."
        According to the latest official figures, 43% of all statistics are totally worthless...

Comment

You've passed the test, Guru

Paul.
          Meet Jasmine.
          flickr.com/photos/pace3000

Comment

Yes ChrisB it can be done but the only proggie that handles more than 32 megs of RAMdrive that I found was Speed-Disk by Sunbelt software. I was setting up a 1 gig ramdrive to hold frequently used apps at my old job. It saved the drives from being thrashed constantly all day to DL the ERP files to 300+ users at 3 locations. Good luck.....any questions, dont hesitate to ask.....

I stand corrected, the updated verion with SMP support finally come out from jlajoie.com's site (promised for early July)
            I am DLing to "play" with it on me Win2k box......

-Dil

[This message has been edited by Dilitante1 (edited 03 November 2000).]
            Better to let one think you are a fool, than speak and prove it

Comment

Thanks guys.... looking good. I´ll try out those programs you suggested, and see how they work out!
              If a kid asks where rain comes from, I think a cute thing to tell him is "God is crying." And if he asks why God is crying, another cute thing to tell him is "Probably because of something you did."

Comment

Working...
              X