Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Good Read: 30fps vs 60fps

http://www.penstarsys.com/editor/30v60/30v60p1.htm

That is the best explanation yet. Learned a lot of new stuff as well. 60fps is definatly better in games, I see the difference.
    G400 can't really hold 60fps at 800x600 unless you use 16bit color, hopefully the G800 will solve this problem.

Comment

Yep, I can tell the difference too. I loved my G400 so much that I couldn't part with it, so I was forced into building a gaming rig for my GF2

But even on the GF2 I play at 16-bit since I have the resolution upped to 1280x1024. At 32-bit it isn't fast enough

Comment

I think the main point for hardcore gamers is that we do notice an image even if it's only shown for a 200th of a second. If a gamer spins around (180deg) in a 100th of a second they will see one frame at halfway and another when fully turned. This means they only see a 200th of a second of their right hand view at the beginning of the turn. A 60fps person would probably miss this.

Though you'd have to be good to get a perfect 180 turn in 10 milliseconds

Also, hitting framerates of 150+ is good - but it's really the minimum framerate that counts. And if I get 200fps in Q3A with m G800, then I'd hope to get well over 100fps in Doom 3!

Paul.
        Meet Jasmine.
        flickr.com/photos/pace3000

Comment

Don't count on it,from what carmack said,there isn't a single card out there(that includes the Gf2 ultra)that can do justice to id's next game.

He mentioned that the difference between q3 and doom3 will be the same as comparing the first quake to q3(in other words at least 2 generations ahead).

I'm sure everybody here has seen the intro sequence of Q3...you get the idea, .Imagine something like that done in real time(yessssssssss.... ).

The best that existing and near future video cards can hope for is to play it at fairly low resolution(800*600 32bit...max).

Remember,the game won't be out for at least another 2 years(if not more).He specificaly mentioned that it would require a video card more powerfull than what will ship in the x-box,in order to see the game in it's full glory(all eye candy and high res).

So start saving for either a matrox G1600, nvidia nv30,ati radion 3,or even what 3dfx will have by then,because we'll need them... .
          note to self...

Assumption is the mother of all f***ups....

Primary system :
          P4 2.8 ghz,1 gig DDR pc 2700(kingston),Radeon 9700(stock clock),audigy platinum and scsi all the way...

Comment

Working...
          X