Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ms intellimouse explorer rant

/rant mode on

stupid ms explorer mouse. the stress point where the cord comes out the the mouse started to give way after having the mosue for about 6 monthes now. two of the wires became bad and the signal would not travel through (the wonders of having a multimeter) and i had to cut and solder them to move the stress point. next day i tell my friend what i had to do. he had his explorer mouse for 3 monthes and said cool fix mine now because his would stop working unless you guessed it he held the cord in just the right position so the wire would still make contact.

arrggg i could kill them for the cheap wire they used that gave out so easily.

and boy putting the explorer mosue back togehter is not funeither with the two side buttons.

/rant mode off

i love the intellimouse explorer, i really do. i love the fine control i get from it vs a traditional mouse.

Thx for reminding me! I took a couple of minutes out to put a strain relief on mine.
    "Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind." -- Dr. Seuss

"Always do good. It will gratify some and astonish the rest." ~Mark Twain

Comment

Hmmm.. Are you talking about the optical??

My friend has one. I'll let him know..

amish

[This message has been edited by Electric Amish (edited 24 October 2000).]
      Despite my nickname causing confusion, I have no religious affiliations.

Comment

Greebe, how is it for gaming? Have been thinking of getting one for some time now. Also how long is the cord, as I'm left handed and the machine is on my right (more convenient for the rest of connections)

[size=1]D3/\/7YCR4CK3R
        Ryzen: Asrock B450M Pro4, Ryzen 5 2600, 16GB G-Skill Ripjaws V Series DDR4 PC4-25600 RAM, 1TB Seagate SATA HD, 256GB myDigital PCIEx4 M.2 SSD, Samsung LI24T350FHNXZA 24" HDMI LED monitor, Klipsch Promedia 4.2 400, Win11
        Home: M1 Mac Mini 8GB 256GB
        Surgery: HP Stream 200-010 Mini Desktop,Intel Celeron 2957U Processor, 6 GB RAM, ADATA 128 GB SSD, Win 10 home ver 22H2
        Frontdesk: Beelink T4 8GB

Comment

Denty,
          Are you using a right-handed mouse? I hope so. They were easy for me to get used to, and it leaves my left hand free. This is great when I have to take notes.
          Gigabyte P35-DS3L with a Q6600, 2GB Kingston HyperX (after *3* bad pairs of Crucial Ballistix 1066), Galaxy 8800GT 512MB, SB X-Fi, some drives, and a Dell 2005fpw. Running WinXP.

Comment

I've got the Intellimouse Explorer and I love it (both in general and for gaming). I mainly play TFC, if that matters.

I've had it since Christmas and have seen no problem whatsoever w/it.
            PIII 550@605
            IWill Motherboard VD133
            VIA Chipset
            512MB PC133 CAS2 Crucial
            G400 DH 32MB (6.51 Drivers)
            DirectX 8.0a
            SB Live! Value
            8x DVD (Toshiba)
            6x4x24 CDRW (Sony)
            Intel Pro/100+ NIC
            3Com CMX Cable Modem
            Optiquest V95 19"
            HP 812C Color Ink Jet
            Microtek flatbed scanner
            Intellimouse Explorer
            Surround Sound w/two subwoofers
            AND WAY TOO MANY GAMES!!!

Comment

I still have my Intellimouse Pro, since all the optical ones are cheap-ass S**T.

Great concept, very flimsy. I never thought I'd see the day when a Logitech mouse was put together better than a MS-mouse.

- Gurm

------------------
              Listen up, you primitive screwheads! See this? This is my BOOMSTICK! Etc. etc.
              The Internet - where men are men, women are men, and teenage girls are FBI agents!

I'm the least you could do
              If only life were as easy as you
              I'm the least you could do, oh yeah
              If only life were as easy as you
              I would still get screwed

Comment

I have an Intellimouse Explorer. I really like it for non-gaming stuff. But for gaming, watch out. Depends how you play. It's smooth, but for me it occasionally gets lost, which is very annoying. Most don't have this problem, some do.

John

Comment

My intellimouse explorer (optical) is great. Cord is really long, the buttons feel right when I click them, my hands are rather large and the mouse fits well, and it's smooth as glass in both gaming and desktop work. Best mouse I have had since the explorer I had before this one.

Rags

Comment

yea it is the optical one.
                    no even with having to do the solder job i would not trade it in for a different mouse. i like the feel of it and i use it for both playing games -- ctf and ut mainly(two extra buttons on the mouse to use as commands makes a HUGE difference) and for paint programs, but for real paint programs i also have a watcom presure sensitive drawing tablet.

Comment

I have a Cordless (!) Logitech Mouseman Wheel, and I've had no problems with it. Occasionally, performance is erratic, but this is rare, and only when the batteries get low.

I've been considering an optical mouse, but I do not like the shape of the Intellimouse Explorer, and I've gotten too used to the good shape of the Mouseman Wheel. Also, people's opinions on optical mice are generally divided into "I hate it" or "I love it," so I really don't know If I should get one.

Comment

My new optical explorer does feel flimsy, and that horrible glow may put some people off, but it is much more accurate than my old mouse and only gets lost if i move it very quickly.

btw, how can i get both side buttons to work in Q3?
                        The Welsh support two teams when it comes to rugby. Wales of course, and anyone else playing England

Comment

I only use it (ms explorer optical) because of the shape, it doesn't give me rsi symptoms. For fps games it's rather useless, you cannot use any acceleration, if you do you lose accuracy. The movements are often erratic, no matter what surface I use. All in all it's a nice shaped mouse, very flimsy build, doesn't work right and it's way, way too expensive.

Comment

Wombat, I use my left hand to control the mouse. I use my index finger to do both left and right clicking (always have, always will) It feels natural to me. Plus in fps it leaves my right thumb free to press the jump button (right Ctrl)

Anyone used the Logitech Optical. I must get an optical as I'm tired of cleanig this !@*# mouse every week or so arrghhh
                            [size=1]D3/\/7YCR4CK3R
                            Ryzen: Asrock B450M Pro4, Ryzen 5 2600, 16GB G-Skill Ripjaws V Series DDR4 PC4-25600 RAM, 1TB Seagate SATA HD, 256GB myDigital PCIEx4 M.2 SSD, Samsung LI24T350FHNXZA 24" HDMI LED monitor, Klipsch Promedia 4.2 400, Win11
                            Home: M1 Mac Mini 8GB 256GB
                            Surgery: HP Stream 200-010 Mini Desktop,Intel Celeron 2957U Processor, 6 GB RAM, ADATA 128 GB SSD, Win 10 home ver 22H2
                            Frontdesk: Beelink T4 8GB

Comment

To get the 2 side buttons working I had to remap them to PageUp/PageDn in Mouse applet in control panel.
                              So do i bind a mouse button to a command, or the key (eg. pageup)
                              The Welsh support two teams when it comes to rugby. Wales of course, and anyone else playing England

Comment

Working...
                              X