Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cd-R discs won't play in my DVD

Hi

I use a panasonic 8x CD-r and my burn discs (TDK) crash my system (or are garbled) when I play them in my Pioneer DVD 114 player...but they play ok in the original panasonic burner...I use WinOn3.7/Adaptec4 burning software...WIn98se...help anybody?

------------------
    "The path of excess leads to the temple of knowledge"

ABit BE6 II UDMA 66 w/ PentiumIII 500mhz
    Matrox G400 DH 32 meg MAX
    Maxtor 13gig UDMA66 7200 Seagate 9gig UDMA33 7200
    SBlaster Live Mp3+ (with gold connectors and robot voice
    Aureal Vortex SuperQuad2500
    19" PF790 Viewsonic (superb flat screen)
    19" Samsung 950p (amazing quality for the price)
    Panasonic 7585 CD RW 32x8x4
    Pioneer DVD 114 10x40x
    USR V90 ISA everything modem
    3COM ADSL HOME CONNECT WarpMODEM
    One big case fan and standard retail CPU/HS cooling
    MicroSofty Optical IntelliMouse Explorer (sheesh, who would have thought a mouse could make such a difference)
    ACK 580 crdless k/b

Make sure that the sessions are closed or only a writer will be able to read them.

Not all cd drives can read recorded cds (my old one cant & my dads car stereo cant either)....

The Welsh support two teams when it comes to rugby. Wales of course, and anyone else playing England

Comment

I never had such a problem with my Yamaha 6416S recorder and Pioneer DVD-303S.

I use CDRWIN though. www.goldenhawk.com

You might have a case of faulty hardware or software. Try your recorded discs in some other CD-ROM or DVD-ROM drives.

Then again, there was another thread somewhere around here on the MURC where people were advising not to use Pioneer DVD drives because they can't read all CD's well.

Although mine works flawlessly as I said.

Comment

have you tried using a different make of disk as that sometimes makes a difference! something to do with colour or reflectivity of the disk.

Comment

thanks for the help folks, and I found the answer on the goldenwawk website: By disabling the DMA on the DVD pioneer drive I can now read my CD-r discs...but now do I need to re-enable the DMA when playing DVDs?

4) For each CDROM device in the list...
          Select the device.
          Select the "Settings" tab.
          Enable the "Disconnect" option.
          Enable the "Sync Data Transfer" option.
          Disable the "Auto Insert Notification" option.
          Disable the "DMA" option (if available).
          Click on "OK"

Comment

that's interesting! my pioneer 103s dvd reads all my burnt cdrs with dma enabled. I would suggest you re-enable dma when playing your dvds though.

Comment

I have a 8x HP 9100 and a the same DVD drive as you (pioneer 114)and have never had a problem.
              I have the following setting checked-
              DMA, Auto Insert, and Disconnect enabled
              Sync Data Disabled.

I am using firmware version 2.03 but I never had a problem with any of the previous versions.

And I'm using Adaptec Easy CD 4 also.

[This message has been edited by Falken (edited 29 October 2000).]

Comment

That DMA thing can screw you up properly. With earlier versions of the VIA busmaster driver I couldn't read CDs well with my Plextor 8x48x32with DMA enabled. Later versions of the driver (currently using 2.1.50) allow me to read without probs.
                [size=1]D3/\/7YCR4CK3R
                Ryzen: Asrock B450M Pro4, Ryzen 5 2600, 16GB G-Skill Ripjaws V Series DDR4 PC4-25600 RAM, 1TB Seagate SATA HD, 256GB myDigital PCIEx4 M.2 SSD, Samsung LI24T350FHNXZA 24" HDMI LED monitor, Klipsch Promedia 4.2 400, Win11
                Home: M1 Mac Mini 8GB 256GB
                Surgery: HP Stream 200-010 Mini Desktop,Intel Celeron 2957U Processor, 6 GB RAM, ADATA 128 GB SSD, Win 10 home ver 22H2
                Frontdesk: Beelink T4 8GB

Comment

Working...
                X