Temperature of CPU

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Temperature of CPU

So, I have Duron 600@900, but temp. is so high. While I playng some 3D Games more then 3 hours, I have 58 degrees. Maximum after 16 hours is 62 deg, but system is stable end fast enough. Is it wrong, this high temperature, or is normal for overclocked procesors ?!?

btw: voltage is 1.85V

------------------
    ASUS A7V | || Duron 700@950 | || TITAN Majesty -> cooling unit | || 128Mb PC133 | || G400 DH MAX | || SB Live! 1024 | || IBM 25Gb | || HP Writer 7100 | || DVD AOpen 1040 (flash Pionner) | || Win2k
    -------------------------------
    Only one thing is missing in my life. Save button. (bad English I know...)
    ASUS A7V ||| Duron 800@1070 ||| TITAN Majesty -> cooling unit ||| 256Mb PC133 ||| G400 DH MAX ||| SB Live! 1024 ||| IBM 25Gb ||| HP Writer 7100 ||| DVD AOpen 1040 (flash Pionner) ||| Win2k

The Majesty cooler isn't a very substancial HS for OCing. I'd suggest finding a better HS. Arctic Silver HS compound would also help you out quite a bit.

If you think that's running hot you should see my Athlon... 500 OC to 850 (70% increase) @1.9Vcccore is hotter than that and if I hadn't cooled it with "My Monster Athlon HS" it will not run at these speeds.
    "Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind." -- Dr. Seuss

"Always do good. It will gratify some and astonish the rest." ~Mark Twain

Comment

My cpu temp for my Duron 600 @ 800 (1.68 V) is 34.5 degrees celcius using a chrome orb.
      The mb core goes up to 30.8 and the air in the case is around 23-24 normally.

Check the connection between the heat sink and the core, I had a bit of plastic in between mine and I also had temperatures in the 50's.

Comment

I'm not an AMD expert, but I have heard that the T-birds and Durons run very hot, 40C+ at normal clock. Your's seems very hot indeed, but you do have a huge O/C there.

Comment

Make sure your heatsink is properly atached to the CPU!

------------------
          Join the MURC SETI team! | SETI @ MURC
          According to the latest official figures, 43% of all statistics are totally worthless...

Comment

My 700 at 900 (1.70v) idles at 42-44°C, goes up to 48°C when playing UT for a long time ambient T is 27-30°C. Using a CoolerMaster bought at mwave and arctic silver. Copper ATTech CM25 with 6750rpm fan didn't cut it.
            [size=1]D3/\/7YCR4CK3R
            Ryzen: Asrock B450M Pro4, Ryzen 5 2600, 16GB G-Skill Ripjaws V Series DDR4 PC4-25600 RAM, 1TB Seagate SATA HD, 256GB myDigital PCIEx4 M.2 SSD, Samsung LI24T350FHNXZA 24" HDMI LED monitor, Klipsch Promedia 4.2 400, Win11
            Home: M1 Mac Mini 8GB 256GB
            Surgery: HP Stream 200-010 Mini Desktop,Intel Celeron 2957U Processor, 6 GB RAM, ADATA 128 GB SSD, Win 10 home ver 22H2
            Frontdesk: Beelink T4 8GB

Comment

You'll need a much more substancial HS if your going to use a peltier device. 10c sounds way lower than you'll achieve without water cooling the hotside of the pelt.
              "Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind." -- Dr. Seuss

Comment

I add two fans into case, and now I have 45 C CPU and MoBo 28 C, and now I am back on my 950 8-)))). It is good enough !

------------------
                ASUS A7V | || Duron 700@950 | || TITAN Majesty -> cooling unit | || 128Mb PC133 | || G400 DH MAX | || SB Live! 1024 | || IBM 25Gb | || HP Writer 7100 | || DVD AOpen 1040 (flash Pionner) | || Win2k
                ASUS A7V ||| Duron 800@1070 ||| TITAN Majesty -> cooling unit ||| 256Mb PC133 ||| G400 DH MAX ||| SB Live! 1024 ||| IBM 25Gb ||| HP Writer 7100 ||| DVD AOpen 1040 (flash Pionner) ||| Win2k

Comment

BTW: I prepare something special with Peltier (thermo-elecric unit) and I hope it reduce temperature under 10 C . It is only for fun, but it must be great 8-)

Comment

Yes Greebe, I think about special HS witch is made from two termal-separate parts (handmade). First will cool CPU using two fans and peltier, and second will be more massive and will cool peltier, and also will have tube with fan witch take hot air out from the case. I was try something like this but wihout any special HS (only combination of standart HS) and temperature can be under 28 C. So, we will see (when I get material) . 8-)

btw: I only need keep hot side of peltier under 90 C, then maybe ......

Comment

Use at least 1 78watt pelt... for my app two 50's or two 78 watters will be neccessary.
                      if you use two make sure the thickness is within a .005mm tolerance. Mismatched heigths can mess you all up.

Comment

I already have bought Peltier combo with is from two pelts. (30mm X 30mm X 5 mm both together) and can do temperature difference 96 C while get about 80 watts under 14.4 Volts and Imax is 9.?? Amper 8-). Just one thing is bad, is tooooooo expensive, but for fun is nothing to much.

btw: sorry for my English

Comment

Try 70 c being max differential temp... and that limit should not be approached. If you do then you run the risk of melting the leads off the device or completely destroying it. Also you should not stack them, but place them side by side. Don't forget to use at least a 6mm thick piece of copper for a cold plate between the coldside of the pelt and the processor.

Your english is fine

Comment

Mike, I've tested my TEC's to work just fine when stacked if there is a plate between them (the top was watercooled btw). What problems have you run across?

Good luck Marwyn!

Dimitri
                            "The most beautiful thing we can experience is the mysterious. It is the source of all true art and all science. He to whom this emotion is a stranger, who can no longer pause to wonder and stand rapt in awe, is as good as dead: His eyes are closed"
                            --- Albert Einstein

"Drag racing is for people that don't know how to brake and downshift at the same time."

Comment

Thanx for advice Greebe. 70 C ? it will be fine, because I will give only 12 V to pelt.

btw: When I finish this work, I will give you some overview 8-)

Comment

Working...
                              X