PlayStation 2

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• PlayStation 2

Surely somebody here got their grubby little hands on a brand spankin new PlayStation 2. So, does it live up to the hype? I'm not sure if I can bring myself to do gaming on something as low res as my TV.

Also, what is the deal with the "component shortage" that has crippled the number of US available units to just 500,000? Which component is it that can't be found? My bet is on Rambus. It has hurt Intel pretty good, and it wouldn't surprise me if it hurts Sony pretty good too.

I had heard they are having trouble with chip yields in their 0.18 micron processor.

Comment

I also heard that they wiped out the worlds supply of a certain MPEG decoder chip, although I can't remember for the life of me which one. It's meant that DVD player manufacturerrs have had to change chip in some cases.

Uberlad

------------------
      -------------------------
      8 out of 10 women say they would feel no qualms about hitting a man.
      5 out of 10 referred to me by name.
      -------------------------
      8 out of 10 women say they would feel no qualms about hitting a man.
      5 out of 10 referred to me by name.

Comment

I'm under NDA
        Jordâ„¢

Comment

I had a good play one a few at ECTS nearly 2 months ago... pretty impressive, but I'd rather keep my PC...

------------------
          Cheers,
          Steve

"Life is what we make of it, yet most of us just fake"

Comment

check this link:

What is all this talk about Gamecube and X-Box being more powerful? We have the scoop that proves otherwise

------------------
            Athlon Thunderbird 1.1Ghz Socket A 256Kb,Asus A7V dipswitch,GlobalWin FOP32-1, 17" Sony Multiscan 200PST,128MB PC100 ram,Matrox Millenium G400 MAX 32MB 5ns SGRAM,IBM Deskstar 75GXP 15Gb UltraATA/100, Quantum Firebal EL 10.2Gb,Epson Stylus Color 740,Sound blaster Live!,Cambridge Soundworks 5.1,Creative PC-DVD 5X,CDR-RW Ricoh MP7040S@MP7060S(Tweaked from 4x--->6x with no problem),Adaptec SCSI 2920C,Diamond SupraExpress 56e PRO,Iomega Zip Drive.
            Athlon Thunderbird 1.1Ghz@1.2~1.3+GHz Socket A 256Kb,Asus A7V dipswitches,GlobalWin FOP32-1 heatsink,GlobalWin 802 Advance ATX Case, 17" Sony Multiscan 200PST,384MB Crucial PC133 CAS=2,ATI Radeon 32Mb DDR,(Matrox Millenium G400 MAX 32MB 5ns SGRAM),IBM Deskstar 75GXP 15Gb UltraATA/100, Quantum Firebal EL 10.2Gb,Hewlett Packard DeskJet 970Cxi,Epson Perfection 1240U Scanner,Sound blaster Live!,Cambridge Soundworks 5.1,Creative PC-DVD 5X,CDR-RW Ricoh MP7040S@MP7060S(Tweaked from 4x--->6x with no problem),Adaptec SCSI 2920C,Diamond SupraExpress 56e PRO,Iomega Zip Drive.

Comment

PSx Whatta joke. More Phony crap. Create a shortage to jack up the cost, let it roll until Christmas time and BAMM!! Let it loose at that high dollar. Another thing, let's release games for a console that isn't sold yet, so you can get the poor chumps to purhcase the software before anyone can tell how crappy it is. Phony's marketing at it's greatest.

And then get all pissy when someone finds out how to play their pissy little games on a PC, and actually has the nerve to release it.

Casey

Comment

That's a grand slam there Casey.

------------------
                AsusP3B-F ,iCeleron525(7x75),on Slotket 128megs PC133, G40032megSH, Diamond MX300, 13.5gigs of HD's, 52X CDrom 98SE w/shutdown patch, PD 6.04,Altec Lansing ATP3 Subwoofer system,Envision 17incher,1 grey cat, 1 black cat and 1 calico
                AMD XP2100+, 512megs DDR333, ATI Radeon 8500, some other stuff.

Comment

Working...
                X