The Doh! effect

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Doh! effect

Sometimes you feel thick. Yesterday evening I had my machine in bits slapped it altogether and I'd lost one audio channel (Sblive). Never mind the cable has been a little dodgy so I replace it. Still only one channel so I tried the other the socket the same. Shit my card is knackered after half n hour of pratting around I tried the radio on my Hi Fi one channel as well. The damn solder on the jack plug had come off on the speaker. Doh!
    Now Doh number two. Resoldered it and tried a Cd in the computer, Stereo! tried wintv no sound ! I'd plugged the old cable in!
    Doh number three today. Someone had a computer that wouldn't connect to the network so they dropped it off and sure enougth it didn't work. Tried a different card still didn't work in the final attempt reloaded windows then I noticed that someone had swapped the cable in the network ports and the cable I was using wasn't connected. Doh! Who changed I don't know because I was using the cable earlier that day.
    Still the person who prevously repaired the computer the day before had left the Bios with two floppies enabled when there was one and then forgot to power the one exsisting drive. Luckily the windows was flaky so I had waisted much time.
    Chief Lemon Buyer no more Linux sucks but not as much
    Weather nut and sad git.

My Weather Page
Working...
X