No announcement yet.

Abit bios upgrade problem.......anyone?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Abit bios upgrade problem.......anyone?

Running Abit BE6-II with Highpoint 366 controller. Present bios is I440BX-W977-6A89KA1AC-QY. I have upgraded several times with no problems.

I booted to dos with a clean floppy, ran ABITFAE BEH_SH.BIN (using AWDFLASH v7.72) and got the following message: "The program file's part # does not match with your system"

Current bios was identified as I440BX-W977-6A89KA1AC-Q Where is the Y?

Flash Type was identified as Winbond 29C020 /5V

"Do you want to update y/n?" Well, not until some words of wisdom come rolling in.

I tried with the UH bios, same thing, except Flash Type was identified as unknown.

So....?

------------------
    P3 650@750 on ABIT BE6 r2, 192M RAM, G400 32m DH oem, 5.52 drivers, Voodoo II in SLI, Aureal SQ2500, 30G Maxtor DMax 7200 ATA 66, 300W PS
    P4 2.8/533 on MSI 865PE Neo2 Platinum, 1G Crucial, ATI 9600 XT, 5.1 catalyst drivers, TB Santa Cruz, 80G WD 7200 ATA 100, 350W PS Win XP SP2

Are you sure you did not try to update with the BIOS ment for BE6-II with ata-100 or ata-100 RAID controller?

------------------
    Join the MURC SETI team! | SETI @ MURC

"Cutting the space budget really restores my faith in humanity. It eliminates dreams, goals, and ideals and lets us get straight to the business of hate, debauchery, and self-annihilation."
    According to the latest official figures, 43% of all statistics are totally worthless...

Comment

Guru: Yes, the abit site indicates which bios for which board. I sure I have the right one. The Flash doesn't seem to read the same bios that I have installed.

------------------
      P3 650@750 on ABIT BE6 r2, 192M RAM, G400 32m DH oem, 5.52 drivers, Voodoo II in SLI, Aureal SQ2500, 30G Maxtor DMax 7200 ATA 66, 300W PS
      P4 2.8/533 on MSI 865PE Neo2 Platinum, 1G Crucial, ATI 9600 XT, 5.1 catalyst drivers, TB Santa Cruz, 80G WD 7200 ATA 100, 350W PS Win XP SP2

Comment

The "program file's part # does not match with your system" is actualy a cuite common error message when updating the BIOS! I usualy just ignore it(work at an computer store building new and repairing old systems)! If you are absolutly sure that the BIOS (bin) file and/or awdflash.exe file is not corupted (check disk as well if you are trying to update directly from it [I don't recomend doing so]) then I would say it's safe to update the BIOS just ignor the error message! Remember to backup BIOS befor updating that way you can always restore old BIOS if something goes wrong!

------------------

"Cutting the space budget really restores my faith in humanity. It eliminates dreams, goals, and ideals and lets us get straight to the business of hate, debauchery, and self-annihilation."

[This message has been edited by Guru (edited 21 October 2000).]
        According to the latest official figures, 43% of all statistics are totally worthless...

Comment

Thanks, I will download both files again and check the floppy, then backup the bios and go for it.

------------------

Comment

ABIT uses a batch file for updating the BIOS for the BE6 MB. I use that also for the BE6-2 and it has always worked. Try it.

Comment

ABITFAE is a bat file; it calls AWDFLASH. Is this what you mean?

Comment

Yes, that's it. Last time I looked, they didn't use that for the BE6-2.

Sorry, just noticed you used it.

[This message has been edited by Brian R. (edited 23 October 2000).]

Comment

So how did the BIOS update go?

------------------

Comment

Working...
                  X