Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

ixt labs has fired up the crak pipe again!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ixt labs has fired up the crak pipe again!

Direct copy and paste....

Leaked NV20 Details! [9:02 am] Rat
    Thanks to Mr. Gabdab who called on our Discussion Board today morning, we got new information about the upcoming graphics solution from NVIDIA - NV20 aka GeForce III. According to this post in our Hardware Discussions Forum, here is what we may expect from NVIDIA in November:

Core: 300MHz;
    Memory: 200MHz DDR SDRAM;
    256bit memory bus;
    12.8GB/sec memory bus bandwidth;
    Fillrate 1.8Gpixel/sec (5.4Gtexel/sec);
    6 rendering pipelines with 3 texturing units each;
    0.15 micron manufacturing technology.
    Besides, NV20 should have a greatly improved T&L engine and should be fully compliant with DirectX 8.0. As far as the performance goes, it is expected to be just outstanding: at the resolution set to 1600x1200x32 the system built with an Intel Pentium III CPU shows around 100fps in Quake3.
    The new wonder from NVIDIA is supposed to be presented at COMDEX Fall 2000 and should cost around ~$800.
    P.S.: As you can see, this info is absolutely different from what has been said before about NV20. Therefore we cannot vouch for the truth of these specs. You are most welcome to discuss this information here.

800 bucks!! Not even Nvidia would do that.
    http://www.skynary.com/winstonco1
    Not all will capitolize on the webs greatest opportunity!Only the few with a vision!

what, no new features listed? sounds like the same thing nvidea always does, just speed up the same ol' chip
    jim
    System 1:
    AMD 1.4 AYJHA-Y factory unlocked @ 1656 with Thermalright SK6 and 7k Delta fan
    Epox 8K7A
    2x256mb Micron pc-2100 DDR
    an AGP port all warmed up and ready to be stuffed full of Parhelia II+
    SBLIVE 5.1
    Maxtor 40g 7,200 @ ATA-100
    IBM 40GB 7,200 @ ATA-100
    Pinnacle DV Plus firewire
    3Com Hardware Modem
    Teac 20/10/40 burner
    Antec 350w power supply in a Colorcase 303usb Stainless

New system: Under development

Comment

Not trying to rock the boat, but I believe "6 rendering pipelines with 3 texturing units each". Is not the same chip. In addition to that a 256 bit bus moves twice as much information as does a 128bit bus. Therefore, higher fillrates will be a given. Correct me if I'm wrong here.

Also, what would your recommendation on *NEW* features be?

Let's talk about Matrox's most competitive features:

EMBM
      superior image quality 2D and 3D
      great DVD playback.

now nVidia:
      transform and lighting
      per-pixel shading
      highest fillrate on the market
      Unified Drivers
      S3TC/DXTC
      FSAA

They both demonstrate leading edge abilities in their intended markets. I happen to use my G400MAX for surfing the net, and watching DVD's, due to Matrox's beautiful 2D and faultless DVD playback. And I have a GF2 GTS in my gaming rig because Matrox's OpenGL ICD is lackluster and the G400 has much less fillrate.

Comment

Well Scooter, despite the obvious omission of DualHead the features you mention for NVIDIA are here now. When Matrox brought out the G4x0 series it was the only card with EMBM and dual monitor output. Now ATi have encorporated the EMBM and NVIDIA have had a go at dual monitor output (no matter how poor it is ).

The GeForce III will almost certainly be a faster version of the GF1. Extra bus width is a simple bolt-on 'feature' and adding rendering pipelines similar too.

New features? I think that's been covered in the Fusion threads!

Paul.

------------------
        Pace3000 Network: (early stages)
        Computer Solutions | Arena | Seti | P3K | TechSupport | Portal | Pace Central
        Matrox Users / SETI@MURC
        Join the team! | Crunch faster! | View the stats!
        Meet Jasmine.
        flickr.com/photos/pace3000

Comment

Working...
        X