Any news on Matrox vs nvidia?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Any news on Matrox vs nvidia?

Has anything happened yet concerning the lawsuit big M filed? or are we still waiting on the legal process? I wanna see nvidia go down!

I think Nvidia's lawyers will be quite busy in the coming months...

3dfx has received favorable court rulings concerning the scope of the patents it has asserted against nVIDIA Corporation in a patent infringement lawsuit filed on Sept. 21, 1998. The graphics accelerator board manufacturer also announced that as a result of these favorable rulings, it plans to file for summary adjudication of infringement. In the rulings issued Sept. 29, 2000, the court addressed 3dfx patents related to multi-texturing technologies and level-of-detail mipmap dithering. These rulings construe the scope of the asserted patent claims and establish the parameters of what would be considered infringing conduct. In the orders construing the 3dfx patents, the court rejected all of nVIDIA's claims and adopted the greater number of those proposed at the hand of 3dfx.

When you spit in the air...it come back on you eventually.

Sicna

------------------
    Asus K7V
    Athlon 750Mhz
    1 X 256 megs Kingston PC 133 Mhz CAS 3-2-2
    Matrox G400 MAX
    Soundblaster Live
    Windows ME & 2000 Professionnal

What kind of party is this. There's no booze and only one hooker. -Bender
    Asus K7V
    Athlon 750Mhz
    1 X 256 megs Kingston PC 133 Mhz CAS 3-2-2
    Matrox G400 MAX
    Soundblaster Live
    Windows ME & 2000 Professionnal

What kind of party is this. There's no booze and only one hooker. -Bender

Comment

Don't read too much into the 3dfx thing, they basically got judgements on some definitions of technology that went their way, they didn't win any court cases.

Comment

Working...
      X