Overburning with Nero?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Overburning with Nero?

Hi I can't seem to get Nero to overburn. I go into the options enable it and set the max time. I played it safe and tried 76mins at first. Anyway I tried to burn an audio cd of 75 mins and Nero just said something like there isn't enough room on that CD, insert another with a higher capacity?? Well of course there isn't enough room thats why I want to overburn it!! I know my drive supports it and I selected disc at once.

Can anybody help me out? Is anybody successfully overburning with Nero?

Thanks

Tinnes
    Get paid to surf http://www.alladvantage.com/home.asp?refid=MAC649 it really works. Free Money.

I've got a Mitsumi 4804TE (What can I say it was cheap).

And I'm using the CD-RW that came with it.
    Get paid to surf http://www.alladvantage.com/home.asp?refid=MAC649 it really works. Free Money.

Comment

I have on many occasions, but the blanks I used, tho only 74 min jobbies, had the extra surface to burn to, so they worked. Try a different CDR nextime hopefully they'll work out better for you. This could possibly be your burner effecting the operation. What drive are you using?
      "Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind." -- Dr. Seuss

"Always do good. It will gratify some and astonish the rest." ~Mark Twain

Comment

From the quick review I just did on your drive, the only thing that rates poorly against it is availability. It will burn 80min disks, not hinder you in burning original copies of games, supports DAO-RAW read and all at a great price! Peachy

Try different media (CDR's) www.cdmediaworld.com is a good place to check out the various types ans how well they rate.
        "Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind." -- Dr. Seuss

"Always do good. It will gratify some and astonish the rest." ~Mark Twain

Comment

Gee Greebe, what a great site. Where did you ever find it
          Gigabyte P35-DS3L with a Q6600, 2GB Kingston HyperX (after *3* bad pairs of Crucial Ballistix 1066), Galaxy 8800GT 512MB, SB X-Fi, some drives, and a Dell 2005fpw. Running WinXP.

Comment

Originally posted by Wombat:
            Gee Greebe, what a great site. Where did you ever find it
            It's right next to www.gamecopyworld.com ...

I recommend to get Feurio, as it lets you check out each single media and thus determine the actual length available for overburning.

I once made an Audio CD containing 82:35 minutes of music using Nero 4.0.8.3, but my HiFi player hung at 82:13 ...

Btw, that was an 80 minutes CD-R from Intenso and I use the Yamaha CRW4260 (SCSI).

Cheers,
            Maggi
            Despite my nickname causing confusion, I am not female ...

ASRock Fatal1ty X79 Professional
            Intel Core i7-3930K@4.3GHz
            be quiet! Dark Rock Pro 2
            4x 8GB G.Skill TridentX PC3-19200U@CR1
            2x MSI N670GTX PE OC (SLI)
            OCZ Vertex 4 256GB
            4x2TB Seagate Barracuda Green 5900.3 (2x4TB RAID0)
            Super Flower Golden Green Modular 800W
            Nanoxia Deep Silence 1
            LG BH10LS38
            LG DM2752D 27" 3D

Comment

Yeah thats the place I found the review of my drive in the first place. The reason I implied that it wasn't very good was despite the fact it has all the features of a good CD-Writer it isn't going to be as reliable or as well built as say a Plextor or Yamaha.

Although so far I'm very pleased with it and it beats the hell out of my faulty old Philips 3610. (I HATE PHILIPS)

Well I downloaded WinCDR and just burned 75 mins and 35 secs of audio to my CD-RW!!!! Anything higher and it fails, but still it's not bad.

All I need now is some money to buy some decent media.

Comment

Maybe your burner needs a firmaware update ...

Check that site and see if they fixed something, like they did for my Yamaha.
                Despite my nickname causing confusion, I am not female ...

ASRock Fatal1ty X79 Professional
                Intel Core i7-3930K@4.3GHz
                be quiet! Dark Rock Pro 2
                4x 8GB G.Skill TridentX PC3-19200U@CR1
                2x MSI N670GTX PE OC (SLI)
                OCZ Vertex 4 256GB
                4x2TB Seagate Barracuda Green 5900.3 (2x4TB RAID0)
                Super Flower Golden Green Modular 800W
                Nanoxia Deep Silence 1
                LG BH10LS38
                LG DM2752D 27" 3D

Comment

Working...
                X