No announcement yet.

MB Advice (Slot 1, 142fsb, udma66/100)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MB Advice (Slot 1, 142fsb, udma66/100)

Too many choices iiyyyyeeeee....

I have BF6 running a Slot-1 P3-650 at 924mz (142fsb).

I am getting an IBM 45gig UDMA/100 drive.

I need to buy 1 new motherboard (for wife's computer)

If I put my BF6 in my wife's computer I can get a motherboard that supports the high-speed aspect of the new drive.

So far I am leaning towards the MSI BxMaster.

HELP!

tia,
    chuck

Chuck
    秋音的爸爸

abit bx-133
    jim

------------------
    P3-700e @ 1052! Check it here!
    Abit BE6-2
    TwinMos 128mb pc-133
    G400 32mb DH
    Maxtor 15.3gb 7,200rpm
    SB Live!
    Winblows 98se & DX7
    and 384k DSL!
    System 1:
    AMD 1.4 AYJHA-Y factory unlocked @ 1656 with Thermalright SK6 and 7k Delta fan
    Epox 8K7A
    2x256mb Micron pc-2100 DDR
    an AGP port all warmed up and ready to be stuffed full of Parhelia II+
    SBLIVE 5.1
    Maxtor 40g 7,200 @ ATA-100
    IBM 40GB 7,200 @ ATA-100
    Pinnacle DV Plus firewire
    3Com Hardware Modem
    Teac 20/10/40 burner
    Antec 350w power supply in a Colorcase 303usb Stainless

New system: Under development

Comment

Oops, I'm stuck with slot1 for both boards.
      How about a nice board (another bf6) for her & I just spend the $30 on a UDMA/100 controler for the BF6?

Asus fans? Maggi?

I'm starting to think of the Abit BE6-II V2.

chuck

[This message has been edited by cjolley (edited 13 October 2000).]

[This message has been edited by cjolley (edited 13 October 2000).]
      Chuck
      秋音的爸爸

Comment

if you can wait a bit longer,Abit have just announced a 815 slot 1 motherboard with all the features you want.

Comment

here's the press release:
          ABIT Introduces the SH6, the Only Slot 1 i815E

Taipei, Taiwan, R.O.C. Wednesday, October 11, 2000—The SH6 is ABIT’s newest motherboard based on Intel’s 815E chipset. The SH6 is an ATX form-factor mainboard designed for use with all “Slot 1” processors including PII, PIII and Celeron. It supports all normal industry standard functions, including Advanced Configuration and Power Management Interface (ACPI), AGP 1X/2X/4X and 66/100/133MHz SDRAM Memory Bus Settings. The SH6 features four 168-pin DIMM sockets supporting PC100/PC133 SDRAM modules and Suspend-To-RAM (STR).

The ONLY Slot 1 i815E
          The SH6 is the only Slot 1 motherboard for the i815E chipset. For those wanting those added features of the i815 chipset not supported by your current motherboard, the SH6 is for you. The i815E’s features such as AGP4X have become a necessity, and an upgrade to this top-of-the-line chipset has never been easier. Simply take your current slot 1 CPU insert it into the SH6’s Slot 1. Moreover, the SH6 offers you a clear upgrade path. Through the use of ABIT’s SlotKET™III adaptor card, the SH6 is easily compatible with FC-PGA Socket CPUs.

A World of Features
          Full Integration has never been better than on the SH6. With a 2X 3D Graphics Accelerator and an AC’97 Audio Codec, the SH6 is ready for use right out of the box. Add to that list, support for AIMM (AGP In-line Memory Module), 6 PCI, 1 CNR, and 1 AGP slot and you have a system that allows for maximum expandability. The SH6 also includes 2 channels of bus master IDE that support ATA100/66/33. Ultra ATA/100, or Ultra DMA/100 is an extension of the current Ultra ATA/33 interface. This new high-speed interface has a 100 Mbytes/sec transfer rate and maximized disk performance under the current PCI local bus environment.

SoftMenu™ III
          Only ABIT has Soft Menu™, and on the SH6, you will find ABIT’s unique SoftMenu™ III. The SH6’s SoftMenu™ III has special added features and functions that will allow the maximum performance and enhancement tweaks specifically for Slot 1 based CPUs, such as FSB settings from 50MHz to 250MHz in increments of 1, as well as added CPU core voltage tweaks. The System BIOS features and supports Award Plug and Play BIOS and Write-Protect Anti-Virus function by AWARD BIOS.

AboutABIT
          ABIT Computer Corporation designs, and sells a complete family of award-winning mainboards and video cards that support industry-leading technology and provide leading quality and performance for system integration of computer components supporting a broad range of PC applications, such as for e-commerce, e-business, entertainment and education. Corporate headquarters are located in Taiwan. For more information visit the Company's web site at http://www.abit.com.tw

Specifications and information contained in this press release are subject to change without notice.

Comment

What is AIMM? Is this only found on i815E MBs? Has anyone seen benchmarks that demonstrate its presumable advantage?
            <TABLE BGCOLOR=Red><TR><TD><Font-weight="+1"><font COLOR=Black>The world just changed, Sep. 11, 2001</font></Font-weight></TR></TD></TABLE>

Comment

Xortam :
              the 815 chipset has a built in intel vga chip. and of course this vga chip needs vga ram, which it use from the main memory.
              but if u need more dedicated memory; then you have to use add on vidoe memory which is AIMM.
              i don't think it's a real fast memory, but it would be enough for most 2D use.
              Hey Ayoub :
              This Abit board sounds good for Slot-1 users.

[This message has been edited by arbymo (edited 13 October 2000).]

[This message has been edited by arbymo (edited 13 October 2000).]
              GigaByte 6BXC, celeron300A@450, 128 Ram, G200 8M SD

Comment

Thanks guys,
                I decided to go with the Abit BE6-II V2.
                It has the UDMA/100 controler I need, and it
                handles most operations just the way my BF-6
                does. So, I will probibly still be able to
                make 142FSB.
                The main thing I will miss with this one is
                AGP 4x when I get my G800.
                I don't think that will matter much.
                I'll keep you posted on my results.
                chuck

PS Any ideas on a cheap GHOST program?
                Chuck
                秋音的爸爸

Comment

The new be6-ii ver 2 actualy have the udma-100 raid controler!

------------------
                  Join the MURC SETI team! | SETI @ MURC
                  According to the latest official figures, 43% of all statistics are totally worthless...

Comment

I have the ABIT BE6II with the HPT370 on the MB, with a IBM ATA100, 30G HD. I am running my PIII800e @904 with stansard HSF combo.
                    Great combination.

HH

Comment

Be carefully with HPT (High PoinT) controllers and System commander 2000, win2k, Disk keeper etc. Because they dont want work properly (except win2k, there you must only load driver at start of instalation ). I thik Promise controllers work more better.

------------------
                      ASUS A7V &#0124; &#0124;| Duron 700@950 &#0124; &#0124;| TITAN Majesty -&gt; cooling unit &#0124; &#0124;| 128Mb PC133 &#0124; &#0124;| G400 DH MAX &#0124; &#0124;| SB Live! 1024 &#0124; &#0124;| IBM 25Gb &#0124; &#0124;| HP Writer 7100 &#0124; &#0124;| DVD AOpen 1040 (flash Pionner) &#0124; &#0124;| Win2k
                      -------------------------------
                      Only one thig is missing in my life. Save button. (bad English I know...)
                      ASUS A7V ||| Duron 800@1070 ||| TITAN Majesty -&gt; cooling unit ||| 256Mb PC133 ||| G400 DH MAX ||| SB Live! 1024 ||| IBM 25Gb ||| HP Writer 7100 ||| DVD AOpen 1040 (flash Pionner) ||| Win2k
                      -------------------------------
                      Only one thing is missing in my life. Save button. (bad English I know...)

Comment

Working...
                      X