Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Does anyone know how to setup the linksys befsr41 router for gaming?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Does anyone know how to setup the linksys befsr41 router for gaming?

I just got this dsl router and because of the built in firewall feature my buddy I play rogue spear with can't connect now. I read the documentation and it says to enable dmz and put last 3 #'s of ip in box, still nothing.Does anyone have any gaming experience with this router?Thanks BTW i'm using the latest firmware

I wanted to add some things, I am trying to setup Roger wilco, rogue spear/urban ops and need for speed porsche unleashed using tcp/ip and my system is the server. I'm sure it's just a matter of opening ports but does this leave me open all the time?What would be the best way to setup these ports. Thanks again

[This message has been edited by Kookstick (edited 14 October 2000).]
    Asus P2b(1011),P3 500,256 mb pc133,Matrox G400 DH,Asus 50x,Iomega zip,Mitsumi CDR,Ibm 20 gb hd,Promise ultra 66 controller,Sb Live,Win 2000 pro

Download the latest firmware (http://www.linksys.com) for the router and disable IP masking for your gaming machine.

The new help file details specifically hoe to do this.

Hey, Donny! We got us a German who wants to die for his country... Oblige him. - Lt. Aldo Raine

Comment

Here's my problem is that I don't know which ip address to give the other guy I want to play using tcp/ip.If I go into the router setup and click status it tells me 2 ip's in there. One is the wan ip, other is the lan and if I disconnect my router and open a dos box to check my ip its yet another one. I am currently using auto detect ip so I guess that would make me a dynamic address right? Would I be better off going with static ip? I have also tried disabling block wan request and putting the last 3 #'s of my ip in dmz. Any help is appreciated.
      Asus P2b(1011),P3 500,256 mb pc133,Matrox G400 DH,Asus 50x,Iomega zip,Mitsumi CDR,Ibm 20 gb hd,Promise ultra 66 controller,Sb Live,Win 2000 pro

Comment

the local IP, since you're not accessing the net to connect.
        "Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind." -- Dr. Seuss

"Always do good. It will gratify some and astonish the rest." ~Mark Twain

Comment

Working...
        X