Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 815E >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

I ordered this mobo today:

It's the Soyo SY-7ISA with the 815E chipset, wanna see about reaching 160fsb

If anyone has info on this or other similar 815E mobo's, let it fly
    jim

------------------
    P3-700e @ 1052! Check it here!
    Abit BE6-2
    TwinMos 128mb pc-133
    G400 32mb DH
    Maxtor 15.3gb 7,200rpm
    SB Live!
    Winblows 98se & DX7
    and 384k DSL!
    System 1:
    AMD 1.4 AYJHA-Y factory unlocked @ 1656 with Thermalright SK6 and 7k Delta fan
    Epox 8K7A
    2x256mb Micron pc-2100 DDR
    an AGP port all warmed up and ready to be stuffed full of Parhelia II+
    SBLIVE 5.1
    Maxtor 40g 7,200 @ ATA-100
    IBM 40GB 7,200 @ ATA-100
    Pinnacle DV Plus firewire
    3Com Hardware Modem
    Teac 20/10/40 burner
    Antec 350w power supply in a Colorcase 303usb Stainless

New system: Under development

Looks like a nice motherboard. I looked at that one. I'm ambivalent about integrated peripherals and so will probably go the BX133-RAID route if I go with an Intel processor. I also like to have an ISA slot.

Currently contemplating an Abit KT7-RAID, or possibly the Tyan S2390.

------------------
    Dean
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------
    PDP-11, Dec-writer & ZD-11 Terminal Unit, RSTS-OS
    PDP-11, Dec-writer & ZD-11 Terminal Unit, RSTS-OS

Comment

Abit just released an NEW I815e board: SA6R
      An i815e board with SoftmenuIII and onboard RAID

here's qoute from Press release:

The SA6R is ABIT’s latest ATX mainboard based on the Intel 815E chipset, and represents the very top of the line in support for current Intel FC-PGA Socket CPUs. The SA6R combines appealing i815E features such as integrated AGP 2X, 133MHz and PC133 SDRAM support, and full Communication/Networking Riser capabilities with unique ABIT innovations such as SoftMenu™III, ATA/100, and IDE RAID! With all these features, the SA6R is truly loaded with power.
      The i815E chipset provides the SA6R with all of today’s standard top-of-the-line features: 66/100/133MHz FSB support, 2 USB ports, 4 DIMM slots for SDRAM modules, 1 AGP slot (with AGP 4X support and AIMM compatibility), integrated AGP 2X, 1 CNR slot, and 6 PCI slots. The “E” in i815E stands for the South Bridge’s ICH2 (I/O Controller Hub 2), which brings with it a few features of its own: ATA/100 on the two native IDE channels, an extra USB channel (for a grand total of up to 4 USB ports), and full support for CNR networking cards.

But Wait, There’s More! ABITR17;s world-famous SoftMenu™III makes its debut with the i815E chipset on the SA6R. This allows the user to define the correct front side bus speed at anywhere between 50 and 250MHz in increments of one, plus increased CPU core voltage adjustments. The system BIOS features and supports Award Plug and Play BIOS, plus Write-Protect Anti-Virus functionality. ABIT has also added an onboard ATA100/RAID controller, giving you 2 more channels of ATA/100 support which, when added to the 2 native channels, allow you to connect up to 8 IDE devices! This controller also gives you RAID 0, 1, and 0+1 capabilities. RAID 0 divides data across two drives, giving you faster transfer rates, RAID 1 automatically makes a backup copy of your hard drive, and RAID 0+1 gives you the best of both: speed plus safety! In addition to all this power, the SA6R also gives you flexibility: the 4 DIMM slots allow you more options in how to reach the motherboard’s 512MB SDRAM maximum.

Other Features

The SA6R features hardware monitoring of fan speeds, voltages, system environment temperature, plus one thermal header for further temperature monitoring. A standard 15-pin VGA connector is included on the board, as is a separate “VL-Bus” connector, for use with either TV or Flat Panel Display output. The SA6R offers two-channel soft audio CODEC, with an integrated AC’97 digital audio controller and audio connectors (Line-in, Line-out, Mic-in, and Game Port) with audio drivers included. The SA6R also offers support to up to 6-channel CNR sound cards. Wake on LAN and Wake on Modem are built in, as are Open Chassis and IrDA TX/RX headers and Keyboard and Mouse Power-On functionality.

What's Bundled

In addition to the 305mmX240mm motherboard, the SA6R package includes CD (with drivers, utilities, manuals) and manual, plus FDD, IDE, and USB connector cables. Other options include the RM-04 AIMM module to bolster integrated AGP performance, the TV-15 TV/Flat Panel card (DFP Port), and the ABIT “PostMan” debug card.
      *edit: got the damn quotes wrong again
      **edit: put in summary of press release

[This message has been edited by Michel (edited 11 October 2000).]

[This message has been edited by Michel (edited 11 October 2000).]
      PIII 1Ghz|AbitSa6R|512mb Kingston|Matrox Parhelia 512 Retail|80gb WD & 30gb IBM 75gxp|Diamond MX300 A3d 2.0|36xcdrom|6x32AopenDVD|Sony DRU500A|Intel Pro 10/100 S|IIyama Vision Master Pro 450 | Celly 300a@450 'server' powered by a G400MAX

Comment

well, I'm very depressed today

the soyo 815e came in and I swear intel helped design it

there is no setting for voltage, only fsb settings are 66/100/133 and a few between 100 and 115 so I couldn't even get a P3-700 to run at 133

on the other side of the table, it's a great mobo for the homeowner or business system
        jim
        the be6-2 stays put
        System 1:
        AMD 1.4 AYJHA-Y factory unlocked @ 1656 with Thermalright SK6 and 7k Delta fan
        Epox 8K7A
        2x256mb Micron pc-2100 DDR
        an AGP port all warmed up and ready to be stuffed full of Parhelia II+
        SBLIVE 5.1
        Maxtor 40g 7,200 @ ATA-100
        IBM 40GB 7,200 @ ATA-100
        Pinnacle DV Plus firewire
        3Com Hardware Modem
        Teac 20/10/40 burner
        Antec 350w power supply in a Colorcase 303usb Stainless

New system: Under development

Comment