'Twinview'

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 'Twinview'

Copying ideas is one thing, naming the features the way nVidia does is another matter:

We have a new official driver release that will provide improved performance for TNT/TNT2 owners as well as stability fixes and performance tweaks. Also, we have made some significant optimizations which should make this driver release far more user friendly. Check them out below:

* Full support for all TwinView functionality*:
    Support for all of the following display options: two digital flat panels, two RGB monitors (with second RAMDAC), two analog flat panels, digital flat panel and analog flat panel, digiital flat panel and RGB monitor, digital flat panel and a TV, RGB monitor and a TV, RGB monitor and analog flat panel (with second RAMDAC), analog flat panel and a TV. Windows 98 multimonitor support: The desktop area can be spread across two displays with independently set refresh rates, color depths, and resolutions. Application exclusive. An application may be dedicated to one of the two monitors (or both, if necessary). Watch a DVD on one screen and have an spreadsheet application open on the other. Clone mode. Two monitors may show exactly the same output, useful for presentations. Application zoom mode. In this mode, part of the image from the primary monitor is shown on the secondary display, but zoomed in. This mode can be used for image editing, close-up work in modeling or CAD applications, or image processing and mapping applications. Virtual desktop. Full support for virtual desktops is available for panels and monitors with limited resolution. Virtual desktops, with full pan-and-scan mode, can be configured for one or both displays.

We have included several other optimizations as detailed below * New NVIDIA Desktop Manager which installs optionally in the tray. This new desktop manager allows users to tweak a variety of settings and is most useful in Windows 2000 TwinView setups. The Desktop manager also allows Win2k users to specify which screen to open apps, save settings for specific apps, etc. * Digital Vibrance Control Slider in color control panel. * Improved Anti-aliasing interfaces in both D3D and OpenGL panels * Cursor trails

Once again, Matrox set the standards and someone else copied. Probably not as easy to use though.

Comment

Can't find DVD Max in that list ...

and is there already an MX available that offers all neccessary connectors ?
      Despite my nickname causing confusion, I am not female ...

ASRock Fatal1ty X79 Professional
      Intel Core i7-3930K@4.3GHz
      be quiet! Dark Rock Pro 2
      4x 8GB G.Skill TridentX PC3-19200U@CR1
      2x MSI N670GTX PE OC (SLI)
      OCZ Vertex 4 256GB
      4x2TB Seagate Barracuda Green 5900.3 (2x4TB RAID0)
      Super Flower Golden Green Modular 800W
      Nanoxia Deep Silence 1
      LG BH10LS38
      LG DM2752D 27" 3D

Comment

Matrox should look at it as a compliment and encouragement, the more cards with dual head like features the better for it to become a standard. NVIDIA is encouraging Matrox here in a sense, there is the blatant grab for their lunch sure, but the other aspect of it is that it means more support for dual head.

Comment

True. True.

Comment

Unless it was stolen technology then you would feel different.
            "Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind." -- Dr. Seuss

"Always do good. It will gratify some and astonish the rest." ~Mark Twain

Comment

Nvidia's a bunch of money grubbing thieves!

amish
              Despite my nickname causing confusion, I have no religious affiliations.

Comment

If "DualHead" belonged to Matrox, you can be sure Matrox would be hauling NVidia into court. In fact, DH predates the announcement of the G400 by over a year...

Comment

Ashley, since you obviously haven't heard, they are!
                  "Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind." -- Dr. Seuss

Comment

For hiring practices, not IPR infringement...

Comment

Shame you just don't know. and you don't. Period.

Comment

Greebe - I thought you were referring to that unfair recruitment thing from 6 months ago. I didn't know Matrox had filed another suit over IP more recently...

I do know, however, that I have a vintage (1997) ViRGE/GX2 that supports two "heads" under Win9x - a feature S3 called "DuoView". Matrox's implementation is much, much better, but it is *not* older.

Period.

Comment

Matrox is hauling nVidia to court over IP, not (just) hiring.
                          Gigabyte P35-DS3L with a Q6600, 2GB Kingston HyperX (after *3* bad pairs of Crucial Ballistix 1066), Galaxy 8800GT 512MB, SB X-Fi, some drives, and a Dell 2005fpw. Running WinXP.

Comment

What are the specific IP suits about? I doubt it's about dual head.

Comment

Sorry but what we know isn't for public disclosure. I'd just put it this way, if you did know, you would never buy nVidia again.

Comment

Working...
                              X