Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DDR RAM coming soon?

Hi,
    I was at a computer retailer yesterday and was told that DDR RAM is going to be released in a week or so. At that time all the major mobo manufacturers (Asus, Abit etc.) will release new boards that utilize DDR RAM. Does anyone have more info on this? How much will this new RAM cost? What chipsets will these new mobos use?
    Thanks!
    "Whoa..."
    Keanu Reeves.

Almost all the new Athlon MB's about to be released will... It'll be more $$, but who knows pricing until it's priced. Higher at first (but not high like rambus) and then will lower as time goes on... just like every thing else.
    "Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind." -- Dr. Seuss

"Always do good. It will gratify some and astonish the rest." ~Mark Twain

Comment

So, will the mobo chipsets change, or will Intel based boards still use i820, i815 etc. and Athlon use VIA?
      "Whoa..."
      Keanu Reeves.

Comment

The DDR-RAM modules has been for sale for more than a month now. Don't know if they have change the price but Micron sold 128MB DDR-RAM for $153 last time I checked.

Comment

Some of the first gen DDR boards are coming out soon. The AMD 760 board won't be out until later this year from what I hear. I think Ali has a chipset out and VIA's will be out soon. No official annoucements yet from what I have seen.

Jammrock
          “Inside every sane person there’s a madman struggling to get out”
          –The Light Fantastic, Terry Pratchett

Comment

Working...
          X