Someone sues Rambus!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Someone sues Rambus!

About time. found this at Tomshardware (yes, I know, but his site is fast).

Two months ago, chip maker Infineon Technologies AG was hit by a patent violation suit by Rambus Inc. over the use of synchronous DRAM technologies. In answer, Infineon has counter-sued in a Richmond, Virginia court charging that Rambus has not only infringed Infineon's SDRAM patents, it has illegally based its flagship Direct Rambus DRAM memory chips on Infineon patents. Infineon contends that Rambus used technologies previously patented by Infineon in its RDRAM designs, and cites the existence of technologies central to both synchronous DRAM and Direct RDRAM before Rambus applied for its patents.

I hope rambus gets raped like a *-year-old ****. This may sound VERY nasty, and it is.. I really hope they get this treatment, because Rambus does not deserve a better treatment.

While Rambus technology may be a good step forward in technological advancements, their department responsible for their current business strategies is as bad as the devil himself.

P.S. censored by myself, and PUI.

Comment

Micron is also suing Rambus. They actually filed suit before Rambus filed against them. Kind of like a pre-emptive strike.

Jammrock

------------------
      Athlon 650, Biostar board, 128 MB PC133 (Crucial), G400 32 MB DH, SB Live! w/ Digital I/O, 10/100 NIC, lots of case fans, etc...
      “Inside every sane person there’s a madman struggling to get out”
      –The Light Fantastic, Terry Pratchett

Comment

So how many court battles are they involved in?

Paul.

------------------
        Pace3000 Network: (early stages)
        Computer Solutions | Arena | Seti | P3K | TechSupport | Portal | Pace Central
        Matrox Users / SETI@MURC
        Join the team! | Crunch faster! | View the stats!
        Meet Jasmine.
        flickr.com/photos/pace3000

Comment

Not enough. If they plan on settling (not winning, because they CAN'T) and taking license fees (Hitachi, et al), then they deserve to hit bankruptcy through legal fees.
          Gigabyte P35-DS3L with a Q6600, 2GB Kingston HyperX (after *3* bad pairs of Crucial Ballistix 1066), Galaxy 8800GT 512MB, SB X-Fi, some drives, and a Dell 2005fpw. Running WinXP.

Comment

I'm just waiting for the announcement that Rambus is suing the guy who just won the Nobel Prize (physics) for inventing the integrated chip...
            PIII 550@605
            IWill Motherboard VD133
            VIA Chipset
            512MB PC133 CAS2 Crucial
            G400 DH 32MB (6.51 Drivers)
            DirectX 8.0a
            SB Live! Value
            8x DVD (Toshiba)
            6x4x24 CDRW (Sony)
            Intel Pro/100+ NIC
            3Com CMX Cable Modem
            Optiquest V95 19"