Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Refresh rate problem w/ a geforce pro

I have a question:
    I've recently bought a new computer and i've put in it my Geforce 256 Annitilation PRO.
    I have a Philips 21' Monitor Brilliance 201P10 (Trinitron)
    Now i'm using it at 1600x1200 32bpp @ 85 Hz
    i'd like to use it at 1920x1440 32bpp @ 75 Hz
    but i can only reach 60 Hz.
    The question is: if both the monitor and the video board support 1920x1440 32bpp @ 75 Hz
    why can't i select it?
    I'm using Windows 2000 pro with 631 Nvidia reference drivers.

Thank you in advance.

NocturnDragon

P.S. Sorry for my bad english but i'm italian...
    NocturnDragon

Maybe you have the wrong monitor selected for Windows and this limits the refresh rates allowed just to be safe.

Some monitors pass low settings thru VESA DDC (Plug & Play detection for monitors). The monitor manufacturer's website probably has INF files for download. Use them.

Now if you had a Matrox card like someone posting on the MURC should, you could tweak your monitor settings exactly to your liking.

Comment

I've already installed the correct .INF file but it doesn't work...

I also have a matrox card on this computer: a Millenium G200 PCI w/ rainbow runner G series!

NocturnDragon
      NocturnDragon

Comment

There's a very cool little utility that i found called nvreffix for nvidia cards,that identify what monitor your using and make the necessary changes to the registry to allow for higher refreshes in win 2000.

It also makes a backup of the original registry settings,which is a nice touch.

This works very well both in windows itself as well as all the games i've used it with.

I just can't remember where i got it though(it's been several months alredy),but i can email it to you if you want.
        note to self...

Assumption is the mother of all f***ups....

Primary system :
        P4 2.8 ghz,1 gig DDR pc 2700(kingston),Radeon 9700(stock clock),audigy platinum and scsi all the way...

Comment

thank you very much but i already have that program but i can't reach that resolution... i guess i'll keep using 1600x1200 until the G800 (or whatever the next matrox board will be)

NocturnDragon
          NocturnDragon

Comment

Working...
          X