GA-5AX & Iwill 2936 UW & Win2K

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• GA-5AX & Iwill 2936 UW & Win2K

Having searched some forums I am aware that there is a definite problem with this motherboard. Having had no response from Gigabyte I was hoping that you could help me out!
    • APM does not work full stop! - not a major concern at the moment though!
    • When installing Win2K on my SCSI drive, the installation hangs half way through the auto detect PNP hardware - exactly where it detects the G400 - this is happens even if i use a PCI card.

Any help would be very gratefully appreciated! - I have to get it working before my girlfriend figures out i have pinched her mobo!

-----
    System specs:

AMD K6-2 500
    GA-5AX F3
    192 Mb RAM
    32Mb G400 DH
    Iwill 2936 UW SCSI Adaptor
    Intel 10/100 NIC
    SB AWE 32

The Welsh support two teams when it comes to rugby. Wales of course, and anyone else playing England

I have replaced all the h/w bar the scsi card.

I know the scsi card works, and i have installed win2k on it using a different mobo before.

If i can just get win2k up and running, I can bother with the hardware later. In the past i have had to install win2k using a different motherboard - this is not ideal as i will then have to transfer the scsi disk from a P2 based system to a K6.....

ARRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRGH!

I hate gigabyte.
    The Welsh support two teams when it comes to rugby. Wales of course, and anyone else playing England

Comment

A few things spring to mind have you assigned an irq in the bios to the g400. Have you checked in the motherboard manual to see which slot shares with the agp card. if it is sharing move the other card to another slot. The scsi could well be sharing.
      Try installing without the soundblaster and lan card and see what happens.
      Chief Lemon Buyer no more Linux sucks but not as much
      Weather nut and sad git.

My Weather Page

Comment

I have tried with only the scsi card, and with it in different slots - but it makes no difference...

Comment

Nothing else attached to the scsi card?? Like a scanner? I had a windoze machine that wouldn't boot with a scanner attached.
          Chief Lemon Buyer no more Linux sucks but not as much
          Weather nut and sad git.

My Weather Page

Comment

Nothing,

just the ga5ax, iwill 2936 uw (reported as advansys 3550), an IBM scsi disk and an ATI/Matrox graphics card

Comment

er.. dont ask but its working now..

I didn't change anything!

Cant complain!

Comment

Working...
              X