New Celerons 733 & 766

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Celerons 733 & 766

Does any one know anything about these new chips? I've only been able find a small amount of stuff on them, which sounded strange to me. It said that they would be hard to overclock because the multipler is above 10.
    I would have thought increasing the fsb would do the trick, does it mean that because it's multiplier is so high it can't take as much punishment as a lower multipler celeron? ....

YOu do realize that at that high a multiplier each megahertz is less and less efective due to memory bandwith constaraints?

You are better off getting a lower speed PIII with a higher FSB.

Comment

well get your calculator out and look at the steps that the finally mega hertz jumps by.

So a 566 on a 83mhz bus comes out at 705Mhz on 90Mhz it comes out at 765 Mhz
      So a 733 on a 83mhz comes out at 832 MHz while at 90mhz it comes out at 990 Mhz which probably won't work unless you do a lot of mega cooling. So you can see, I hope, that smaller mulipliers allow you to increase fsb speed without over straining the processor so quickly.

Chief Lemon Buyer no more Linux sucks but not as much
      Weather nut and sad git.

My Weather Page

Comment

Plus Durons smoke their a$$. Even Micron now knows this http://www.bestbuy.com/Detail.asp?m=...491&e=11024203
        [size=1]D3/\/7YCR4CK3R
        Ryzen: Asrock B450M Pro4, Ryzen 5 2600, 16GB G-Skill Ripjaws V Series DDR4 PC4-25600 RAM, 1TB Seagate SATA HD, 256GB myDigital PCIEx4 M.2 SSD, Samsung LI24T350FHNXZA 24" HDMI LED monitor, Klipsch Promedia 4.2 400, Win11
        Home: M1 Mac Mini 8GB 256GB
        Surgery: HP Stream 200-010 Mini Desktop,Intel Celeron 2957U Processor, 6 GB RAM, ADATA 128 GB SSD, Win 10 home ver 22H2
        Frontdesk: Beelink T4 8GB

Comment

Yep thats true get the old pencil out.
          Chief Lemon Buyer no more Linux sucks but not as much
          Weather nut and sad git.

My Weather Page

Comment

Working...
          X