UK guys Usb modems

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• UK guys Usb modems

Right this is being posted in the right place! Are any of you having problems with these modems e.g disconnecting and then refusing to re-connect unless you reboot. This problem is intermittant by the way.
    I'm asking because several students are now using these (And more likely in the future )and they seem to have this feature/bug. One of mine work collegues also has one at this displays the same problems whatever Isp he uses.
    Chief Lemon Buyer no more Linux sucks but not as much
    Weather nut and sad git.

My Weather Page

I had a couple of these at an old job that I had. They are totally software driven and otherwise the pretty much bite the big one. I would rank them below a winmodem, which have their own headaches to numurous to list here...ugh..

Scott
    Why is it called tourist season, if we can't shoot at them?

Comment

Well thats one vote for the skip any more chaps?
      Weather nut and sad git.

My Weather Page

Comment

I have seen three USB modems - none of them worked properly.

I personally like my USR Courier. 230kbps DTE and it connects to almost anything and stays connected.

Works in more than just MSWindows too! :-)

------------------
        Dean
        -----------------------------------------------------------------------------
        PDP-11, Dec-writer & ZD-11 Terminal Unit, RSTS-OS

[This message has been edited by Holerith (edited 30 September 2000).]
        PDP-11, Dec-writer & ZD-11 Terminal Unit, RSTS-OS

Comment

Skip, skip, skip
          My wife's USB modem cuts out for no apparent reason and often, the only way back is a reboot. The manufacturers only suggestion (I can't remember who) was that it was a PCI graphics card conflict, but as she has an on-board AGP card, that is unlikely.

She was tempted to go back to her old ISA 33.6, on the grounds that at least it stayed connected (forever...) We're now inclined to bin the USB altogether, now we know we are not suffering alone
          Don't make me angry...

Comment

yet another vote for the skip
            Weather nut and sad git.

My Weather Page

Comment

Working...
            X