Overclocking question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Overclocking question

Hey, I haven't overclocked in a long while, but since the dual processor mobo choices are pretty slim right now, I'm looking to milk my BP6 as long as possible. I'm running dual Celery 533's... how high should I be able to take these things with normal cooling and whatnot?

They're running right now at 8*66 = 533

Is 8*100 = 800 pushing it too far?

How about 8*75 = 600? I presume this should just work, no problems.

I'm kinda hoping to get to at least 600 with no problems - anyone have any thoughts before I begin?

- Gurm

------------------
    Listen up, you primitive screwheads! See this? This is my BOOMSTICK! Etc. etc.
    The Internet - where men are men, women are men, and teenage girls are FBI agents!

I'm the least you could do
    If only life were as easy as you
    I'm the least you could do, oh yeah
    If only life were as easy as you
    I would still get screwed

My bro had his dual celeron 400s on a BP6 at 83Mhz bus using stock cooling for a while to give him 500. He went to 100Mhz bus with extra cooling, but eventually his dodgy soldering fell apart, shorted the cooling rig to his case (earth) and blew up his power supply... lol
    Luckily the rest of the machine was undamaged and still runs good at 6*100Mhz

Its pretty fast in Win2k too

------------------
    P3-700E@933, Abit BF6, G400 MAX, 8.6 gig Seagate, 8.6 gig WD, SBLive 1024, 256Mb PC133... Logitech Optical Wheel Mouse, Keyb, Stuff

Comment

Maggi has his Cel2 566 running 952.
      "Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind." -- Dr. Seuss

"Always do good. It will gratify some and astonish the rest." ~Mark Twain

Comment

Gurm,

my CelII 566 runs absolutely stable at 850 with a GoldenOrb cooler, so there shouldn't be any probs.

Bye
        Rakido
        "Women don't want to hear a man's opinion, they just want to hear their opinion in a deeper voice."

Comment

You just got to go up by increments and slowly go up the ladder. Each celery varies

------------------
          YES! FUNNY PLEASE
          YES! FUNNY PLEASE

Comment

I supose your celerons are PGA since the bp6 do not suport FC-PGA CPU's! You can count yourself lucky if you get those CPU's to boot with a FSB of more than 72MHz! For more info go to www.bp6.com and have a look!

------------------
            Join the MURC SETI team! | SETI @ MURC
            According to the latest official figures, 43% of all statistics are totally worthless...

Comment

Greebe & Rakido the CPU's you are refering to are FC-PGA models wich uses the same core as the P3 coppermine!

------------------
              Join the MURC SETI team! | SETI @ MURC
              According to the latest official figures, 43% of all statistics are totally worthless...

Comment

Working...
              X