USB question...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• USB question...

I looking to building a another system in a couple months and I was wondering if theres a set up that shares USB mice, like the A-B switch that u can use for keyboard and monitior to switch inbetween two sytems.

Scott
    Why is it called tourist season, if we can't shoot at them?

As far as I know, it's called an USB hub, in which you can plug multpile USB stuff, but if it works from different computers, is a good guess.

Jord.
    Jordâ„¢

Comment

Get an ASUS A7V motherboard and all your USB woes are over! It comes with 5...yes 5...USB ports. 2 built in to the ATX board, and a plug in that has 3 more (including a special port for USB hubs). AND there is a connector that allows you to plug 2 more USB ports in if your case has a front mountable USB port. That makes it a grand total of 7...yes 7...USB ports from one motherboard.

Jammrock
      “Inside every sane person there’s a madman struggling to get out”
      –The Light Fantastic, Terry Pratchett

Comment

That's not what he's asking folks. He wants to have one mouse with two computers.

The way USB is designed, this should be incredibly easy. I don't know of any devices that do it, but I've never looked. You could just have one hub/extension cord for each computer, and move the mouse from plug to plug.

However, given the current cost of USB connectivity components, you might do better to simply buy a 2nd mouse.
        Gigabyte P35-DS3L with a Q6600, 2GB Kingston HyperX (after *3* bad pairs of Crucial Ballistix 1066), Galaxy 8800GT 512MB, SB X-Fi, some drives, and a Dell 2005fpw. Running WinXP.

Comment

Working...
        X