Good Speakers with a Headphone Jack?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Good Speakers with a Headphone Jack?

Do they exist anymore? It seems to have become a lost art and my soundcards just don't pack enough punch.

Paul
    paulcs@flashcom.net

You want speakers with a headphone jack?

Or... you want speakers to plug into a jack?

For the latter, just get a 1/8" stereo to rca adapter and feed your receiver.
    abit kt7-raid athlon 1ghz quantum 20.4gb - 7200 + wd 200bb - 7200 rpm UDMA100-
    g400 max-
    256MB pc133 sdram - sblive value 3.0 - 4 Boston Acoustics A40's - 3com 3c905b-tx - cable access - winME
    dx7.?- V3 steering wheel/pedals - MS sidewinder PRO
    Kensiko (Netpointe) scrolling mouse

Comment

He wants powered speakers with an additional heaphone jack. The sound card amp doesn't have the power to drive his headhpones to the levels he wants.
      "Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind." -- Dr. Seuss

"Always do good. It will gratify some and astonish the rest." ~Mark Twain

Comment

get the cambridge soundworks 5.1......
        the speakers themselves do nto have the headphoen jack but the base unit for the volume for the speakers does plus they work nicely on a sb live value

Comment

Yamaha YST-M100's have a jack. I use them and they sound great - you get a nice clean 'reference monitors' sound quality.

Comment

I've not had any problems driving my HD600's from the SBLive!s line out jack.

Strangly enough, if I use my Total Airhead with the sound processor on, I get much better sound quality AND decent 3D postioning with the card set to 2 speaker mode. Just using the normal headphone setting sounds just plain terrible IMHO.

Comment

http://www.headphone.com/EditorialPr.../WhyBuyAmp.asp

:-)

Rakido
              "Women don't want to hear a man's opinion, they just want to hear their opinion in a deeper voice."

Comment

Working...
              X