Need calculator (little off topic)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need calculator (little off topic)

Ok, this doesn't exactly fit within the realm of computer hardware, but you guys are my last resource for this little problem.

See, I 'need' to get an old calculator. What I'm looking for is a TI SLR-30+, which is a fairly old solar calculator from TI. Problem is, it's gotta be the 30, and gotta be the +. Can't just be a SLR-30. Picky picky.

I'm wondering if anybody happens to have one in good enough condition that is fit for use (as a replacement for a broken one), and who wouldn't mind mailing it to Atlanta for some kind of compensation provided by me.

I know it's a stretch, since it's an old calculator and probably not the most popular one in the world, but I've gotta try.

Thanks a lot,
    b
    Why do today what you can put off until tomorrow? But why put off until tomorrow what you can put off altogether?

I don't have the calculator, but I can't help sticking my nose in things as usual.

Why don't you just by a newer calc.?

------------------
    Athlon 800@1GHz/MSI 6167/128mb/7200rpm UD66/SB128/G400Max/Win98/Win2k/RH6.2/Be5
    Athlon 800@1GHz/MSI 6167/256mb/7200rpm UD66/SB128/G400Max/Win98/Win2k/RH6.2/Be5

Comment

things just don't add up here!!! lol

Comment

Not that I have such a calculator (my Sharp EL-540 is good enough ), but when found, do we just send it to Atlanta? I mean, just bung it in an envelope, write Atlanta, USA on the front and drop it in a snail-mailbox close by?

I'd say, if you have such a calculator (he's probably needing it for a museum), email spoogenet

Jord, just helping.
        Jordâ„¢

Comment

I don't know anything abaut the calculator but I would not say this is off topic!

------------------
          Join the MURC SETI team! | SETI @ MURC
          According to the latest official figures, 43% of all statistics are totally worthless...

Comment

WOOHOO! I knew I could count on the MURC to provide humor wherever possible.

You're right, things don't add up.

So to explain, so people don't think I'm just an idiot (not claiming not to be, however, so please don't get me wrong here).

It's old, yes. And it's not for me. It's to replace someone else's calculator, that broke, and this particular person is very picky and heartbroken that her calculator broke, and that all the buttons are in different places on all the newer calculators.

So it's more like, if, on the odd chance that I could find one just like her old one, it would make her very happy. And if, on the same odd chance, someone here had one, I could easily provide enough info that the calculator could be mailed, and maybe that person could furnish me with enough information that I could in some way repay that person for the trouble/help.

So that's tha dilly, yo's.

Now back to your regularly shceduled program..........(did somebody say cheeze?)

b
            Why do today what you can put off until tomorrow? But why put off until tomorrow what you can put off altogether?

Comment

if I find one I'll send it to Santa Claus

Jorden, Your post would probably never work, you need the state (GA) after the city
              abit kt7-raid athlon 1ghz quantum 20.4gb - 7200 + wd 200bb - 7200 rpm UDMA100-
              g400 max-
              256MB pc133 sdram - sblive value 3.0 - 4 Boston Acoustics A40's - 3com 3c905b-tx - cable access - winME
              dx7.?- V3 steering wheel/pedals - MS sidewinder PRO
              Kensiko (Netpointe) scrolling mouse

Comment

Working...
              X