DDHelpWndClass

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DDHelpWndClass

What is it, and why does it hang my PC when I shut down?
    Jordâ„¢

Hi Jorden
    DDHelpWndClass is the Direct Draw helper,although i don't know its exact function! But how do you know that it is hanging your system??
    Cheers
    Ovi

Comment

Because it says so with a box when I try to shut my PC down. Then I get a little box saying DDHelpWndClass (This program is not reacting, maybe it's waiting for something etc.), Wait, End Task, Cancel.

I have to press End Task a couple of times to let my PC shut down. Running Windows ME here, with DX7.1
      Jordâ„¢

Comment

Jorden,

Erm... you didn't... install... DirectX... on TOP of ME, didja?

- Gurm

------------------
        Listen up, you primitive screwheads! See this? This is my BOOMSTICK! Etc. etc.
        The Internet - where men are men, women are men, and teenage girls are FBI agents!

I'm the least you could do
        If only life were as easy as you
        I'm the least you could do, oh yeah
        If only life were as easy as you
        I would still get screwed

Comment

No Jason, I didn't. I'm using the DirectX version that came with WinME.

Every game that I installed lately and that asks for DX installation, I tell it to not install DX.

I've thought about reinstalling WinME, but haven't found time yet to do so. If there's another option to get rid of this strange error, I'd be happy to try it

It only happens when I close down my PC, I have to press End Task on that box 1 to 3 times before it starts closing down, then I don't see the "Windows is closing down" screen (my monitor goes off way before my PC goes off), and in the end my PC powers down normally.

Jord.
          Jordâ„¢

Comment

Working...
          X