RAID questions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• RAID questions

Well by the start of next year I'm looking to put together a Althlon 1Ghz+ plus machine together and I've been looking at getting the Abit KT7-RAID motherboard. My question is will I see a big improvement HD-wise if I get 2 IBM ATA100 drives and set them up with this combo or I am I just better off getting a KT-7 with one ATA100 HD???

Scott

------------------
    Abit BH6 with a Celeron 2-566@877mhz,256mb RAM,G400 MAX,SB Live!, Optiquest V95 19in montor, Asus 40x CD-ROM, Aopen 5x DVD-ROM,HP9110i 8x4x32 CD-RW,SupraMax 56k modem,WinME on Western Digital 30GB drive
    Why is it called tourist season, if we can't shoot at them?

Well in theory it should be al lot faster (it can read/write bits of data at the same rate, spread over the disks). But that ibm is really fast by it self so the extra speed alone won't justify the extra expense (at least in my opinion). But if you need the extra space of a second drive anyway...

P.s. I didn't know of this mobo..thanks for the tip.

Grtz,
    Ed

Comment

I have the ABIT BX-133 RAID and 2x30GB IBM ata-100 my sandra disk benchmark score is ~45000

------------------
      Join the MURC SETI team! | SETI @ MURC
      According to the latest official figures, 43% of all statistics are totally worthless...

Comment

Working...
      X