Foam sheets for making Ducts

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Foam sheets for making Ducts

I found some great stuff for making air ducts. It's called "Funky Foam Sheets". I got mine at Hobby Lobby (don't know if it's a National chain) for .99 cents per sheet.
    It's 3mm thick and the sheet is 35 X 40cm.

This is to direct the hot air from my pelt/heatsink combo to the vents in the back of my case.

It's nonconductive, insulating and very light. It's also rigid enough to hold it's shape.

I cut out the top, bottom and sides and tacked them together with super glue. I then used epoxy to glue them together.
    I used small velcro pads to hold it to the frame.

Paul
    "Never interfere with the enemy when he is in the process of destroying himself"

"Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind." -- Dr. Seuss

"Always do good. It will gratify some and astonish the rest." ~Mark Twain

Comment

That was inspired by the cardboard duct you made awhile back

Paul
      "Never interfere with the enemy when he is in the process of destroying himself"

Comment

Stylin!
        I don't know. When I tell my buddy about the rigs I see on MURC, he replies "You hang out with a bunch of geeks". Why does he say these things?
        <TABLE BGCOLOR=Red><TR><TD><Font-weight="+1"><font COLOR=Black>The world just changed, Sep. 11, 2001</font></Font-weight></TR></TD></TABLE>

Comment

Because we are the MURC!
          "Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind." -- Dr. Seuss

Comment

Wow, that's great stuff!
            I gotta check the local hobby shop for sure, nice work, btw!
            jim

------------------
            P3-700e @ 1052! Check it here!
            Abit BE6-2
            TwinMos 128mb pc-133
            G400 32mb DH
            Maxtor 15.3gb 7,200rpm
            SB Live!
            Winblows 98se & DX7
            and 384k DSL!
            System 1:
            AMD 1.4 AYJHA-Y factory unlocked @ 1656 with Thermalright SK6 and 7k Delta fan
            Epox 8K7A
            2x256mb Micron pc-2100 DDR
            an AGP port all warmed up and ready to be stuffed full of Parhelia II+
            SBLIVE 5.1
            Maxtor 40g 7,200 @ ATA-100
            IBM 40GB 7,200 @ ATA-100
            Pinnacle DV Plus firewire
            3Com Hardware Modem
            Teac 20/10/40 burner
            Antec 350w power supply in a Colorcase 303usb Stainless

New system: Under development

Comment

Sure beats the heck outta my chopped up milk jug I'm using in mine!

Might have to pick some of it up myself.

b
              Why do today what you can put off until tomorrow? But why put off until tomorrow what you can put off altogether?

Comment

And there's another reason to say "Got Milk?". LOL

Comment

Working...
                X