Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SB LIVE! & ..A3D ???

Hi!

I knowe this is an old thema but I forget...can SB LIVE ! do A3D ? if YES do I need some special drivers or are these included in LATEST CREATIVE drivers (Live Ware 3.0 + driver only update )..

well as Iv had MX300 & Mx400 there was always something that SB LIVE! supports A3D standars..now I have a LIVE ! again (thanks god !) & want to be surre..

thanks !

besides I just visit AUREAL site looking for some drivers for non A3D cards & guess what ? there says that AUREAL is bought by CREATIVE !..well I find this wery COOLLL !
    www.aureal.com
    PIII650@806(fsb@124),ASUS P3B-F,128mb,Matrox Mill-G400 32SH,SB.Live!vlue ,IntelliMouse Explorer

No Sblive's do not support A3D.

------------------
    "Il est toujours intéressant de parler avec quelqu'un d'intelligent"
    Dostoïevski

AMD Athlon 500, Asus K7M, 128Mb PC100 SDRAM, Matrox G400MAX, Sb Live and a lot more toys and gadgets.

Comment

SBLive cards support A3D via their LiveDrive "break out box". It comes with the SBLive Platinum version and is available as an option on all the other SBLive cards.
      http://www.soundblaster.com/resource...p?ArticleID=27
      "Whoa..."
      Keanu Reeves.

Comment

thanks !....I read the article from your link ..still they dont say anything about A3D support if you use this LIVE DRIVE II thing....or I miss that..
        PIII650@806(fsb@124),ASUS P3B-F,128mb,Matrox Mill-G400 32SH,SB.Live!vlue ,IntelliMouse Explorer

Comment

Oops! Sorry, I forgot to send this link with my last post.

Sharky Extreme reviewed the SB Platinum a while back (when it shipped with LiveDrive I).

http://www.sharkyextreme.com/hardwar...live_platinum/
          Cheers!
          "Whoa..."
          Keanu Reeves.

Comment

yahooo ! everything clear now because every single SB LIVE suports all these nice features :

---------------------------------------------
            Clearly the SB Live! Platinum includes just about every possible level of support a PC owner could want, with the exception of support for Aureal's A3D 2.0 API.

A3D 1.0, EAX, EAX 2.0, EAX 3.0, DirectSound and DirectSound3D are supported fully however, and in talking with various game developers over the past six months it's become clear to Sharky Extreme that A3D 2.0 is the less preferred positional 3D API when it comes to products in development. In fact, with Diamond's upcoming MX400 sound card also not supporting A3D 2.0, we're left wondering just how long that API will continue to be prominent.

The other set of features that stand out on the SB Live! Platinum concerns the newly bundled "Live! Drive" expansion bay. Fitting in one of a case's 5.25" drive bays, the Live! Drive offers a variety of IN and OUT ports that previously were offered via an SB Live! Daughtercard, which needed to occupy another PCI slot within the PC.
            ---------------------------------------------
            part of SHARKY EXTREME..

the only unsupported feature is A3D2.0 but woh care..after CRAETIVE buying AUREAL maybe this comes later in Live Ware 4.0

Comment

LiveWare 3.0 dos not support EAX 3.0

From LiveWare FAQs:
              Q4. Does Live!Ware 3.0 support EAX 3.0 ?
              No, Live!Ware 3.0 currently supports EAX 2.0 only. Download the specially developed EAX Demo to experience for yourself how EAX enhances your gaming experience.
              Here's the Link:
              http://www.soundblaster.com/liveware/w9xfaq.asp

------------------
              Join the MURC SETI team!
              View the exciting stats
              P5B Deluxe, C2D E6600, Scythe Ninja, G.Skill 2GBHX
              Raptor 150x3, Plextor PX-760SA, X-Fi Elite, 7900GT, 21" CM813ET Plus, CM Stacker

Comment

Working...
              X