Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Chipset voltage, should I play with it ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Chipset voltage, should I play with it ?

I can set it between 3.3v and 3.6v.

suggest youleave it at default voltage.

Comment

Most people find that the 3.3v setting is more stable. What MB are you refering to?
      "Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind." -- Dr. Seuss

"Always do good. It will gratify some and astonish the rest." ~Mark Twain

Comment

Yes you should play! If you have the option to fiddle with settings, you just HAVE to!

Anyway, I bumped my chipset voltage up a touch as then the 3.3v going round the board (but most importantly the RAM) is boosted, and if you have some PC100 ram you want pushed up to 120Mhz or higher, try it!

------------------
        Cheers,
        Steve

"Life is what we make of it, yet most of us just fake"

Comment

I have mine set to 3.5 to keep the the voltage from wandering below 3.35. With it set at 3.3, it would sometimes dip below 3.2, and it would cause some apps to hang when I was overclocked. Now, I don't get any hanging at all.

Rags

Comment

If everything is working fine apply the old saying "if it ain't broke don't fix it"
            Chief Lemon Buyer no more Linux sucks but not as much
            Weather nut and sad git.

My Weather Page

Comment

It's an MSI 6163 PRO mobo.
              I put it to 3.5v and it did provide a little boost

Comment

If you wern't ment to adjust it, they wouldn't give you an option!
                The Welsh support two teams when it comes to rugby. Wales of course, and anyone else playing England

Comment

Working...
                X