Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sony Vaio Notebook & DVD

Hi everyone,

I've got a Sony Vaio F-305 notebook (PII-366, 64mb, 6.4gb etc) which has a DVD drive in it (a toshiba 4x), but I no longer have the CD which came with it which has all the sony software (mostly junk I agree). What I'm after is the DVD software from it. Has anyone got a sony dvd capable Vaio? I'd be extremely grateful for the software if it's available.

If not, what DVD playback software should I use with the neomagic 256av that's in it?
    WinDVD 2000 plays OK, but not perfectly smooth. Power DVD 2.55 (latest build) plays the same, but if I turn on motion compensation, the playback is perfectly smooth, however the screen (and sound) get totally corrupted.

Any ideas? (or versions of drivers for neomagic capable of motion compensation?)

Thanks!

------------------
    Cheers,
    Steve

"Life is what we make of it, yet most of us just fake"

Steve,

I have CD's for an F370 around somewhere. I'll see if I can find what you need. Are you sure yours isn't an F350?

Chuck
    P4 2.53GHz, Intel D845PEBT2, 1GB Ram, G400 Max, Adaptec 19160 running, 2 Maxtor 18GB 10KRPM HD, Toshiba 40/10 SCSI DVD-Rom, Plextor 32/12/10 SCSI CD-RW, Seagate 80GB Barracuda IV, Turtle Beach Santa Cruz, Viewsonic G790 19" Monitor

Comment

Thanks Chuck!!

(The F305 is the UK version of the F350.)

------------------
      Cheers,
      Steve

Comment

Steve,

Check your email.

Chuck
        P4 2.53GHz, Intel D845PEBT2, 1GB Ram, G400 Max, Adaptec 19160 running, 2 Maxtor 18GB 10KRPM HD, Toshiba 40/10 SCSI DVD-Rom, Plextor 32/12/10 SCSI CD-RW, Seagate 80GB Barracuda IV, Turtle Beach Santa Cruz, Viewsonic G790 19" Monitor

Comment

I would have thought that given the speed of your processor DVD playback would not be "the best" regardless of software used.

Comment

The graphics card supposedly has motion compensation, and I've heard people say playback is perfect...

Anyway, the stuff chuck sent me was not the actual player, but the mediamatics dvd decoder codecs, and they seem to have helped a lot. Still not quite perfect though....

------------------
            Cheers,
            Steve

Comment

Working...
            X