Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• i cant beleave they are compareing a g450 vs a geforce 2 mx twin view

http://www.gamersdepot.com/hardware/...x/g450/001.htm

msi 6167 mobo k7 500 wk41 now at 650. 256 meg ram ,addtronics case w 250watt sp power supply, matrox g400, maxtor diammax 2500+ 10gig hd,10x aopen slot dvd, 3com 10/100 nic, sb live xgamer sound card, efecent networks dsl modem, dlink 701i dsl router/firewall, lots of controlers (joystick throttle rudder raceing wheel), 19in ctx monitor, logitech mouseman wheel usb, and klipsch promedia v2-400 speakers. win98 oem and win2k pro dual boot.

noel
    it's times like this that make me think of my fathers last words....

Don't son that gun is loaded.

<code><RANT>The MX does not have a 256 bit bus, you freaking morons! </RANT></code>

A comparison between the only two cards in the price range with dual monitor support is inevitable. Makes you wonder if Matrox is sand bagging.

Comment

I don't understand your point. Of course they should compare it to the GeforceMX, since they both are targeted towards (partially) the same buyers-group, and it is in the same price range (as Himself said already).

Comment

Bwaaaahahahaha

that editor even labeled the WinStone 2D scores as 3D Winbench !!!

And why does he bench a business card with Q3 ???

He should have fired up Content Creation Winstone and Winbench 99 or something like that instead ... geeez, what a 'professional'.

Just ignore that 'review' completely ...
        Despite my nickname causing confusion, I am not female ...

ASRock Fatal1ty X79 Professional
        Intel Core i7-3930K@4.3GHz
        be quiet! Dark Rock Pro 2
        4x 8GB G.Skill TridentX PC3-19200U@CR1
        2x MSI N670GTX PE OC (SLI)
        OCZ Vertex 4 256GB
        4x2TB Seagate Barracuda Green 5900.3 (2x4TB RAID0)
        Super Flower Golden Green Modular 800W
        Nanoxia Deep Silence 1
        LG BH10LS38
        LG DM2752D 27" 3D

Comment

What is a business card? a card that has performance issues ? A card that is "old" tech? A card that cannot compete so a New catagory has to be created? What are the other business cards on the market? I guess that this card should be benched on W2k only since its a business O/S. This is all double talk.

And why does he bench a business card with Q3 ???
          To show haow crippled it is! heheheh I'll take two sir!

Comment

Hi LAMFDTK,

a business card is produced to suit the needs of business/office applications and those do not include applications of entertainment and recreation (read: games) ...

I thought you'd know such stuff ...

OCZ Vertex 4 256GB
            Nanoxia Deep Silence 1
            LG BH10LS38
            LG DM2752D 27" 3D

Comment

A business card is the minimal and most cost effective solution to a situation, hello cheap ass ATi cards. How will this expenditure help us get more work done in this amount of time? But you knew that.

If your business involves 3D previews, check the NVIDIA section.

For the purpose of 2D desktop stuff, a G450 has 2D speed up there with the best of them, and that's all it needs for basic use. However, you'd really like more 2D speed than your normal single head card since there is potentially twice the work. So if there is going to be benchmarking of dual head cards in 2D, they should have both heads doing something. Current benchmarks are only testing the potential of one display at a time. Another thought, dual head should go along nicely with SMP.

[This message has been edited by Himself (edited 07 September 2000).]

Comment

"a business card is produced to suit the needs of business/office applications "

Name two...

Comment

I just find it strange that the G450 is being promoted as such a great business card. Why not use two G100s? I've seen them for cheaper than the G450 is supposed to be and they've been available for a long time.

Comment

The point of DualHead is it's flexibility and it's on 1 chip/card. The G100 MMS will probably cost more than the G450 and 2 G100s into 1 system don't go.

(2 * AGP = AGP + PCI? Maybe not my friend )

Paul.

------------------
                    Pace3000 Network: (early stages)
                    Arena | Seti | P3K | TechSupport | Portal
                    Matrox Users / SETI@MURC
                    Join the team! | Crunch faster! | View the stats!
                    Meet Jasmine.
                    flickr.com/photos/pace3000

Comment

Originally posted by dZeus:
                      GeForce2MX IS targeted at partially the same group of potential buyers.

It is in the same price range too. I don't see why you can't compare both cards with eachother
                      hmmm ... according to NVidia, it is named The Mainstream GPU and they are targeting business work and gamers ...
                      This is the point where a comparison gets invalid imho, because the G450 is not at all targeted to gamers.

But as you already narrowed it down by adding the word partially, I guess this díscussion could remain endless ...

OCZ Vertex 4 256GB
                      Nanoxia Deep Silence 1
                      LG BH10LS38
                      LG DM2752D 27" 3D

Comment

I was wondering if there were any other buisness card in existance? (name two)

This G450 might be a "first". The first buisness video card! I never heard of this before.

Comment

oh ... ok ... interesting thought, LAMFDTK

Dunno, maybe it is a class on its own.

OCZ Vertex 4 256GB
                          Nanoxia Deep Silence 1
                          LG BH10LS38
                          LG DM2752D 27" 3D

Comment

Business cards eh....

G100?
                            Millenium, MilleniumII? Those cards even came with drivers for business apps of the time (AutoCAD R12 anyone)

Various ATI cards that I forget the names of, probably with Rage somewhere tho.

Just cos a card is targetted at business users doesnt mean it won't end up in home users systems, especially if you don't build your own or specify components.
                            I put a G100 in my first system... good 2D and my Voodoo 2 handled the 3D for it.

------------------
                            P3-700E, Abit BF6, G400 MAX, 8.6 gig Seagate, 8.6 gig WD, SBLive 1024, 256Mb PC100... Mouse, Keyb, Stuff

Comment

I wouldn't really classify any card as a business card, although many are more likely to be found in a work machine than a home machine (due to performance and usage of different features).

As far as I know, the closest to business is the OEM segment, which gets into a LOT of homes, too. That's the area the G450 is targeted at. The MX is aimed partially at that segment, and also at the retail buyer looking to upgrade to more power cheaply. So it IS competing with the G450 on the one hand, and with the G400 series in the retail segment (which is the area that the G400's were going to mainly).

------------------
                              Ace
                              "..so much for subtlety.."

System specs:
                              Gainward Ti4600
                              AMD Athlon XP2100+ (o.c. to 1845MHz)

Comment

Working...
                              X