Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• IT LIVES!!

Yee haw!!

And I didn't even have to reinstall Win98!! (yet)

I flashed the BIOS in my motherboard from 1.02A to 1.02, and no more conflict with my G400! However, still do have a weird problem, but I'm pretty sure I have heard of this happening in many other KX133 boards:

When I go to shut down or restart, the system hangs, does not even getting to the Win98 shutdown screen, just blanks the icons and leaves the cursor sitting there.

Ideas on this? I tried disabling ACPI in BIOS, but this brought back the dreaded conflict with my G400, argh! Maybe I should reinstall Win98 without ACPI after all.. but at least my G400 is now working, have more than 640 x 480 and 16 colors!

Thanks to all who've helped!

Aaron

There's always answers in the FAQs Archives

Jord.
    Jordâ„¢

Comment

Thanks for the FAQ, but I do have a question about it. It's for people running Win98SE, right? I haven't yet installed that...

Still lots of good stuff though!

Aaron

Comment

Just install the VIA 4 in 1 drivers and then reinstall the display drivers, should solve that problem bud

------------------
        Movin to Montana soon,
        Gonna be a dental floss tycoon
        Movin to Montana soon,
        Gonna be a dental floss tycoon

Comment

Dutchmoose-

Which versions of the VIA 4-in-1 drivers and Matrox drivers? Am currently using 4.20 and 5.40, respectively. Thanks!

Aaron

Comment

hi aaroncgi,

you will need to get and install the via 4.24 (from www.viatech.com) an then install the 6.01 beta drivers...
            EvEeRy OnE hAs ThE rIgHt To Be StUpId, BuT tHiS iS aBuSiNg ThE pRiViLeGe...

Comment

Hey Mainframe! Your advice is right on, I did exactly that with the 4.24 VIA and 6.01 Matrox, works beautifully now! However, I did need to uninstall the AGP portion of the VIA 4-in-1, as that gave me an error when installed. See my other post in the Matrox Hardware forume 'It Lives Part Deux:The Wrath of ACPI'

Cheers!

Aaron

Comment

Working...
              X