Via 4in1 driver (version 4.17)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Via 4in1 driver (version 4.17)

Can anyone direct me to a site which carries this driver b/c lately I've getting low performance in games w/ all the later versions. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Intel Celeron 366@523 (95x5.5)
    Soyo VBA 133 (via chipset)
    128 mb sdram (100mhz)
    Quantum Fireball KX, 13.6 gig
    Pioneer 113s 6x dvd
    Matrox G400 16mb agp(5.30 drivers)
    A3D 2.0 Superquad
    NIC Card

To get the latest VIA drivers go to www.viatech.com

------------------
    C:\DOS
    C:\DOS\RUN
    \RUN\DOS\RUN
    C:\DOS
    C:\DOS\RUN
    \RUN\DOS\RUN

Comment

Let me look around at home, I may have the older versions lying around somewhere....

Guyver
      Gaming Rig.

- Gigabyte GA-7N400-Pro
      - AMD Athlon 3200+ XP
      - 1.5GB Dual Channel DDR 433Mhz SDRAM
      - 6.1 Digital Audio
      - Gigabit Lan (Linksys 1032)
      - 4 x 120GB SATA Drives, RAID 0+1 (Striped/Mirrored)
      - Sony DRU-500A DVD/+/-/R/RW
      - Creative 8x DVD-ROM
      - LS120 IDE Floppy
      - Zip 100 IDE
      - PNY Ultra 5900 (256MB)
      - NEC FE950
      - DTT2500 Cambridge Soundworks

Comment

They are not on VIA's website. They are not on Soyo's website. They are not even on Asus's websites. They are on the Asus P3V4X's installation CD. They fix a problem specific to the Asus board, and they might just slow your Soyo board down.

Soyo users have become very interested in these drivers, despite the fact that they fix an Asus problem. The Asus VIA Apollo Pro 133A is a very different motherboard than the Soyo board you have. The Northbridge is an update (it's AGP 4x capable), and I think the Southbridge is completely different.

Paul
        paulcs@flashcom.net

Comment

Epox has 4.01 and 4.18

Comment

I bought one as well. I think we're screwed.

Paul
            paulcs@flashcom.net

Comment

Can anyone tell me
              - which of the VIA driver versions should be used to get a Marvel G200 running with DirectX 7.0a on a HOT 591P board with AMD K6-2/333 and VIA's MVP3 chipset and Win98
              - where I can get "older" VIA drivers (VIA only provides the 4in1 4.24 currently)
              - how install/uninstall of the VIA drivers really(!!!) works (at least not just by using setup)
              - if there is any VIA forum?

The problem is:
              My G200 worked fine until I had to upgrade to DirectX 7 after installing Pinnacles Studio DV.... lots of blue screens

Currently I'm using Powerdesk 5.30 and BIOS 1.26-20.
              I get a fatal exception 0E when I run Wintune 3D test and it seems to be dependent from busmastering on/off (but not from AGP 1x or 2x mode).

Any help is very appreciated.

HansA

Comment

hi HansA,

The 4-in-1 vers.: 4.24 should work just fine with your motherboard + video card.

However there is an order to it (procedure, that is).

Do a complete uninstall of the matrox drivers first. See their FAQs for the instructions. Then remove the via drivers. I would suggest you run the setup for it and instead of selecting install, select uninstall but restart your system after each uninstall. Once all 4 drivers are removed, proceed with the installation of the 4.24 via drivers.

Get and install the latest BIOS update for your motherboard (it's ridiculous what these bios updates fix on todays motherboards).

Now, install the 5.41 drivers and the 1.52 video tools (available on previous drivers and previous video tools section (respectively)of the matrox website - http://www.matrox.com/mga/drivers/previous/home2.htm

Hope this helps
                EvEeRy OnE hAs ThE rIgHt To Be StUpId, BuT tHiS iS aBuSiNg ThE pRiViLeGe...

Comment

Working...
                X