HD tranfer mode ??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• HD tranfer mode ??

How can I know if my HD is running in UDMA 66 in WIN98 SE ? Also, Sisoft Sandra is reporting that my HD is not running with DMA.. Where do i fix that ?

Thanks !!

Control Panel/System/Device Manager/Disk drives/GENERIC IDE DISK.../Settings , see if the DMA box is checked

About the ATA 66, I don't know, sorry

Comment

HDTACH
      http://www.tcdlabs.com/hdtach.htm

To use it on NT you have to "register" it.

C:\DOS
      C:\DOS\RUN
      \RUN\DOS\RUN

Comment

If you're running UDMA66 there's a good chance you won't even see the DMA box in device properties.

For UDMA66, your mother board must support it, your HD must support it (and you may need to change jumper pin setting), and you need the proper cable (80 wire instead of 40 wire ribbon).

You might want to tell us your system specs.
        My rig: P4 3.0GHz; Asus P4C800E; 1GB DDR 3200; AIW Radeon 9800 Pro; WD 120GB SATA; Plextor DVD burner; Liteon DVD reader; Audigy 2ZS; Logitech Z560 4.1; NEC FE991SB

Kid's rig: AMD XP 1600+; 512MB ram; GF4 Ti4600; Maxtor 60GB; Plextor CD burner; Sony DVD reader; SB Live; Cambridge 4.1 speakers; NEC FE991SB

Other kid's rig: Athlon 2700+; ASUS A7N8X mobo; 512MB PC3200 ram; GF4 Ti4600; Maxtor 80GB; SB Live; Cambridge 2.1; NEC FE991SB; Liteon DVD-ROM

Comment

Working...
        X