Pentium III HS/Fan Combo

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pentium III HS/Fan Combo

I want to purchase the Alpha p3125 heatsink with 2 38cfm 60mm fans http://2cooltek.safeshopper.com/2/154.htm?616
    Should I also buy the peliter? http://2cooltek.safeshopper.com/10/135.htm?616 I Love in florida and it is humid do I have to worry about frost on a peltier? A:sp, are there any better cooling hs/fan combos out there? and where can I get them.
    THanks

The Alpha P3125 is a great heatsink. The Delta fans are loud and have a high pitched whine but really move the air through the heatsink. I don't have the Delta fans on my P3125 but it keeps the wife's P3-750 running at 1.80v around 34-35 degC.

For the peltier you would have to seal the processor well in closed cell foam and coat it with silicon or some type of silicon based conformal coating to prevent condensation.

Start with the Alpha P3125 and then see if you need more cooling.

Also if you get the Delta fans get a couple 3 pin to 4 pin adapter cables so you can plug them into the 4 pin power supply cables. The 12v Delta fans have been know to burn up the 3 pin fan connectors on motherboards

Paul

[This message has been edited by ALBPM (edited 29 August 2000).]
    "Never interfere with the enemy when he is in the process of destroying himself"

Comment

As he says on the site :"Loud as heck, but cooler than cool".
      I think you wrote somewhere you were looking to 'only' run it upto 133MHz.
      You don't need those fans to do that.
      But if you think the sound of a harrier takeing off vertically won't bother you, hey...
      If your in Fl, have them ship USPS you will have it next day !

Mark F.

------------------
      OH NO, my retractable cup holder swallowed a DVD...
      and burped out a movie
      Mark F. (A+, Network+, & CCNA)
      --------------------------------------------------
      OH NO, my retractable cup holder swallowed a DVD...
      and burped out a movie

Comment

Working...
      X