700 Mhz Cumine questions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 700 Mhz Cumine questions

Right now I have an OEM 650 Cumine, SL3XK, cB0 stepping that's runing at 866 (133 fsb, 1.8V). I want to get a 700 Mhz one (slot 1).
    My questions:

Should I look for an OEM SL453 or a boxed SL454 ?
    Will the cooler on the boxed SL454 handle 933 ?
    Will this cooler (that I have on the 650 OEM) handle 933 with the OEM SL453 ? (good coolers are hard to find here )

thank you

The retail packaged 700e's seem to have better success according to overclockers.com

However, I just purchased a SL45Y (fcpga) and am only able to get it to 896 stable (w/o any pci cards in)

So don't get your hopes up too high...

Comment

This is an OEM that I'm running, at 1.7v also

------------------
      P3-700e @ 1052! Check it here!
      Abit BE6-2
      TwinMos 128mb pc-133
      Matrox Fusion Plus F800 AGP
      Maxtor 15.3gb 7,200rpm
      SB Live!
      Winblows 98se & DX7
      and 384k DSL!
      System 1:
      AMD 1.4 AYJHA-Y factory unlocked @ 1656 with Thermalright SK6 and 7k Delta fan
      Epox 8K7A
      2x256mb Micron pc-2100 DDR
      an AGP port all warmed up and ready to be stuffed full of Parhelia II+
      SBLIVE 5.1
      Maxtor 40g 7,200 @ ATA-100
      IBM 40GB 7,200 @ ATA-100
      Pinnacle DV Plus firewire
      3Com Hardware Modem
      Teac 20/10/40 burner
      Antec 350w power supply in a Colorcase 303usb Stainless

New system: Under development

Comment

I don't want to overclock it too much. I just want to do 133 fsb. Same as I did with the 650.
        Anyway, my PC100 memory doesn't do well above 135.

Comment

Err, sorry, it seemed 996 (damn I got to wear my glasses ). It's sad if it doesn't do 900, hope the slot will do better

[This message has been edited by Admiral (edited 18 August 2000).]

Comment

make sure to remove the black "coffin" from the back of the cpu for better heat dissapation
            jim
            System 1:
            Epox 8K7A
            SBLIVE 5.1
            IBM 40GB 7,200 @ ATA-100
            3Com Hardware Modem
            Teac 20/10/40 burner

Comment

Remove the black cartridge (or whatever it's called) ?
              Won't I damage something ?

I decided to go for the OEM

Comment

no, they pop off very easy compared to the old chips, you will have to do a mod for mounting the heatsink, i.e. spacers
                System 1:
                Epox 8K7A
                SBLIVE 5.1
                IBM 40GB 7,200 @ ATA-100
                3Com Hardware Modem
                Teac 20/10/40 burner

Comment

Thanks Jim
                  I figured out that I'll need something to fill the space (have something from the Cooler Master), what I was concerned about was how easy the cartridge would come out.
                  I'll get the CPU sometime next week

[This message has been edited by Admiral (edited 20 August 2000).]

Comment

I am running my pIII-700 at 933MHz and I owe it all to the people on this board. Especially to a guy with some letters and numbers in the name (I don't remember)... alp005 maybe.

I was looking at buying a new computer and then he and later others told me that the pIII-700 can be easily overclocked to 933 at least, which I then confirmed at www.overclockers.com. Then I ordered my pIII-700 with an ASUS CUSL2 (I already had 256MB pc133 cas2 laying around), and surprise surprise, it's working flawlessly :-)

Actually, I suffered a few crashes at first when accessing the CD or playing Quake3. So I upped the voltage by .05, from the default 1.65 for the pIII-700 to 1.70, which is the default for pIII-933 it turns out, and it runs perfectly!

I have been in happyland ever since :-)

Now I just need to ditch my g200 for a g800. Because the wait is too unbearable, I intented to get a V4 when it comes out. No nvidia for me, 2D quality is too important.
                    Salmonius

Comment

You might want to look into getting a little better cooler... That one you linked doesnt look like it would work too well. www.2cooltek.com has a wide variety of coolers and will ship stuff overseas (i assume you are not in the US by your "good coolers are hard to find here " comment)

Comment

The pain, I can't find a 700 with the cB0 stepping I have to keep looking.
                        My cooler kind of looks like this now.

Bought another cooler that had a 5000 rpm fan and a heatsink wide enough to take 2 fans and put the fan from the CoolerMaster (5000 rpm) beside the one on it, took 5* C off my 650@866
                        Tryed to get more from the 650, but I can only go up to 135 fsb (stabile) because of the PC100 memory.

Comment

Check Atacom
                          http://www.atacom.com/program/atacom...FAN2|FAN5|THER

They list the P3's with Cbo stepping.

Paul
                          "Never interfere with the enemy when he is in the process of destroying himself"

Comment

Working...
                          X