PC150 n PC166 SDRAM

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• PC150 n PC166 SDRAM

Anyone have tried these PC150 and PC166 SDRAM yet ? Found this in Taiwan computer shops.

Just a Question...How would one go about testing one of these stick? What would You use?

Comment

I presume you just stick it in your pc and then crank the speed to 150mhz. Thats if the voltage is the same.
      I didn't think these chips were out yet.
      Chief Lemon Buyer no more Linux sucks but not as much
      Weather nut and sad git.

My Weather Page

Comment

You can D/l SiSoft Sandra, run the Mainboard Information test and it will show whats in your DIMM Banks.

http://www.sisoftware.co.uk/sandra

Paul
        "Never interfere with the enemy when he is in the process of destroying himself"

Comment

So...You guys have a CPU that will whirl at 150 FSB? I doubt it men.

Comment

Awwwww LAMF... Let'em dream a little.

Paul
            "Never interfere with the enemy when he is in the process of destroying himself"

Comment

Tell that to RAGS!
              chuck

------------------
              ABit BF6, P3-650@923, 256mb@142cas3, 10gb IBM@7200, SB Live Value@3.0, Pioneer 104s DVD, Mitsumi CDRW@2x2x8, Acatel 1000 ADSL@1.5mb/sec, Linksys EtherFast NIC, LG 995e, USB mouse,Matrox G400 MAX!!!!
              Chuck
              秋音的爸爸

Comment

Well we've got one at 142 right here in this thread and I'm sure I've seen one or poeple round claiming they've got there memory at 150.
                Weather nut and sad git.

My Weather Page

Comment

LAMFDTK, Matt has had his cpu upto FSB of 165 using Crucial (Micron) CT16M64SD7E PC133 SDRAM. I have this stuff in my Athlon, but since my 6167 has the "64" clock gen I can't change the FSB on it. I will say that even tho it's running @ PC100 speeds, the timings are set frightenly low.
                  "Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind." -- Dr. Seuss

"Always do good. It will gratify some and astonish the rest." ~Mark Twain

Comment

You don't really need the CPU to run that fast. I thought that some of the VIA chipsets allow a FSB independent of the CPU's memory bus. You could run a 150FSB then (hopefully a 1/5 PCI divisor, and at least a 2/3 for AGP).

As for me, I'm just a regular mortal with 100MHz all around.

Gigabyte P35-DS3L with a Q6600, 2GB Kingston HyperX (after *3* bad pairs of Crucial Ballistix 1066), Galaxy 8800GT 512MB, SB X-Fi, some drives, and a Dell 2005fpw. Running WinXP.

Comment

Ok I am going to order a PIII-800EB and then I'll have some headroom for the 150 lala land. I have a stick of CT16M64SD7E PC133 SDRAM and HDSRAM that runs at 140 at 3-2-2. So I heard... The processor is the question here I guess.

Comment

They are correct, I had my FSB set to 165 Mhz using 7e memory and a PCI vid card on my BF6. I just wish my BX chipset had a 1/2 divider for the AGP, hell I would even go for 1/3 using a 165 FSB. My little FCPGA 550E is quite the overclocker, I sure will miss it when it leaves here in the near future (I am sure it's new home will enjoy it ). As it spends most of it's time running at 733, it doesn't make much sense keeping it around when I got a 700E here that can be played with

Rags

Comment

But Rags, won't that kill your SETI crunching rate ???
                          "That's right fool! Now I'm a flying talking donkey!"

P4 2.66, 512 mb PC2700, ATI Radeon 9000, Seagate Barracude IV 80 gb, Acer Al 732 17" TFT

Comment

See I wasn't dreaming.
                            Weather nut and sad git.

My Weather Page

Comment

I am sure it will drop my rate, but there is more to using my computer than SETI, I know that having my FSB set at 133 definitely affects this.

Rags

Comment

Working...
                              X