Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Duron question

Hi,
    I have an A7V and a Duron 700. It runs stable at 872(8x109) on 1.6V, but it doesn't even POST on 8.5x100(1.6V). The memory is PC133(@142), the cooling is an FKP32, the CPU temp is 45-50C. I also have a fan on the green northbridge(?).
    The interesting part is that when I upped the VCore to 1.85V(8x109) it didn't even turned on the monitor... Anybody any idea?
    To be honest I haven't tried VCore between 1.6-1.85 yet, only 1.85... But I'll do it tomorrow.

Definitely a voltage issue. The reason the board doesn't post with the higher voltage settings and the FSB up to 109 is the fact that via boards are notorious for not being stable with higher FSB speeds. I know it posts with low voltage but once you start uping the voltage it tweaks on the FSB too much and it can't handle it. Since you appear to run stable @ 109x8, you are probably going to get better results than running at 100x8.5(of course this is slower) or 100x9 since you are making the memory, AGP, and PCI buses faster as opposed to just the chip. The fan on the KT133 chip is definitely helping.

Dave
    Ladies and gentlemen, take my advice, pull down your pants and slide on the ice.

Comment

Working...
    X