Win ME and the logo.sys

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Win ME and the logo.sys

Okay, a question for the people out there who already have Windows Millennium, and for those who don't like the Windows ME splash screen either: Has any of you tried to change the logo.sys file(s)? And best question then: did you succeed?

Without any DOS in WIn ME (but for DOS boxes, so some DOS games can still play), it's near to impossible to put up your own splash screen. Or so we (Holly and I) found out.

If you've found a way around this, please tell us.

------------------
    Jord & Holly
    Jordâ„¢

I've got my own logos in Windows Me...
    But I installed it over win 98, maybe that's why I can still have my logos. I didn't change the logo.sys file myself, I've got a program that change (random) logo every time I start or shutdown windows.
    The programs name is "1st impression", but I can't remeber the url where I found it

------------------
    My system:
    • Athlon 700 MHz
    • Majesty Processor cooler (sweet)
    • 192 Mb Ram
    • Asus K7V mb
    • Matrox G400 (oc @ 150/200)
    • wester 10.2Gb and seagate 6.5Gb (removable) hdd
    • Aureal SQ1500 soundcard
    • Logitech Force Feedback wheel (pretty cool)
    • 300W atx case
    • Dual Majesty Exhaust fans (sweet silence... )
    • 100 Mb External ZipDrive

My Homepage

[This message has been edited by lindberg (edited 16 August 2000).]
    My system:
    | Athlon XP2600+ 2,4GHz@200FSB| Water Cooled Processor | Samsung 2x256MB PC3200 Ram (400MHz) | Epox 8RDA mb | Hercules FDX Radeon 8500 LE 128MB | Abit Hot Rod DMA/100 RAID controller | 2*20GB IBM and Western 10.2GB @RAID controller | Soundblaster 5.1 Audigy Player | Actima 6x/32x DVD-ROM, Samsung 12x/8x/32x CDRW | Logitech Force Feedback wheel | Microsoft Sidewinder Force Feedback 2 Joystick | 550W water-cooled Q-TEC PSU | 278/278 kbit DSL internet connection | Windows 2000 Pro | My Homepage
    homemade watercooling in use,Pics on the homepage...

no more VIA, no more!

Comment

You're lucky, I quite like the logo, but on my system it stays for only 2 seconds at the most before the screen blanks for the rest of the loading process, which (despite what Microsoft say) is longer for me than Win98SE which in turn was longer than Win98.

Comment

Working...
      X