Laptop question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Laptop question

Someone I know just gave me a an IBM thinkpad to install Windows 98 on too. my question is that it had WinNT on it already and I heard that u could seriously screw up a laptop if you need to fdisk the hard drive and do a reinstall? Is there any turth to this?

Thanks

Scott

------------------
    Abit BH6 with a Celeron 2-566@877mhz,128mb RAM,G400 MAX,SB Live!, Optiquest V95 19in montor, Asus 40x CD-ROM, Aopen 5x DVD-ROM,HP9110i 8x4x32 CD-RW,SupraMax 56k modem, Win2000 on a WD 13 GB HDD, Win98 SE on Western Digital 30.7GB DOA....

Why is it called tourist season, if we can't shoot at them?

try the ibm site, put it mod # and use fdisk as your search
    abit kt7-raid athlon 1ghz quantum 20.4gb - 7200 + wd 200bb - 7200 rpm UDMA100-
    g400 max-
    256MB pc133 sdram - sblive value 3.0 - 4 Boston Acoustics A40's - 3com 3c905b-tx - cable access - winME
    dx7.?- V3 steering wheel/pedals - MS sidewinder PRO
    Kensiko (Netpointe) scrolling mouse

Comment

Some older thinkpads used a special partition on the hard drive to store the bios image, instead of using flash ram. I think they changed that about three years ago, so if it's a relatively new laptop (it'd have to be to run 98 decently) you shouldn't have any trouble.

--
      Andrew
      Lady, people aren't chocolates. Do you know what they are mostly? Bastards. Bastard coated bastards with bastard filling. But I don't find them half as annoying as I find naive, bubble-headed optimists who walk around vomiting sunshine. -- Dr. Perry Cox

Comment

Working...
      X